Outcome of this match

fineleg

Outcome of this match  

1. 1.

• India Win
    • Aus Win
    • Draw

predicting a draw Finey. I dont t hink India has the resources to bowl Aussies out twice on this kind of pitch. And AUssies for them to win would need to score 600+ in a day and half (cant expect India to not last 2 sessions again). Specially since their best two players are not playing ... yes I am talking about Phuckner and Bensod

Unless the pitch offers something, this is going to be a draw and the Aussies will win the series. how undeserving? - They had outclassed India only at Melborne, on the contrary India had them on the mat at sydney, if not for the umpiring. Perth is something the aussies would like to forget, not only they couldn't walk the talk of decimating India, but went on to be decimated by India. So far Adelaide has been India's game. Yet some 5-10 yrs down the line, stats would say Australia won the series 2-1! The way India were cheated out of sydney by the very guardians of cricket and the man with unquestionable integrity [by misusing the agreement on catches]. And India's heroic comeback at Perth would all be forgotten! - How cruel?? I would kill those umpires, If I could.....:angry_smile::damnmate:

I am going with Indian win on this one. Yes the pitch doesnt have any ghost in it and yes we may not have RP but we still have two pace bowlers in form and two world class spinners who thrive with a good score behind them(lead of 460 or so). If we take a couple of wickets before lunch then watch Anil Kumble dismantle Aussies.

There is still plenty of time in this test for all the three results, the main problem is the pitch. It is SO lifeless, Aus scoring big in its first innings is just a formality. I dont Aus being dismissed for anything less than 450 on this pitch in the first innings. Assuming that takes till lunch on day 4 to do that and we get a 70-80 run lead, we can bat for two session and bit more on day 5 and keep them a 340 run target in 70 overs and really apply all the pressure on them.

There is still a chance for Aussie to win this game. If they score 350 more and get India out for not more than 200' date=' chasing 300 on the last day is a possibility.[/quote'] Technically yes but dreams don't come true every time. We can say Indians have a great chance if they can bowl out Aussies for under 300 and post another 200 in the 2nd innings and bowl Aussie out on the last day. Technically anything is possible but at this point in time Aussies won't even be harbouring any thoughts of winning this game. They are mentally and physically worn.
I reckon a draw in on cards. I favour India slightly ahead of the Aussies at this point in time though but very slightly.
Nine results and one draw in the last 10 years, Ravi. This is a result ground. It gets pretty difficult batting in 3rd and 4th innings. With the very dry track, getting dryer by the hour in the heat, and their two spinners (yes, I was wrong, dammit!), India will never have a better chance to close out the series. Those 165 or so runs added by the tail were gold-dust, and might well decide the match, barring a good old fashioned second innings collapse by India, a la England last time around.