Bring on the green tops and square turners !

goose

Bring on the green tops and the square turners ! It gives India a better chance of victory. Our batting pedigree comes into it's own on surfaces where lesser bats are found wanting. And now we have a bowling attack to take advantage! It's no coincidence that our away record is improving and our home record is littered with marginal series wins or draws. Had India been pitted against Pakistan on a Perth wicket we'd beat them 3-0. Instead we muster a modest 1-0 win at home against a weak Pakistan side. You want to see India hit scores of 400 on wickets where 300 is par. Fed up of seeing India rack up 500 plus scores only to then draw.

The biggest myth in this world is that you need batsman in the sub-continent to play in bouncy pitches at home for them to do well in alien conditions abroad. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I dont see any evidence of pitches in Ind having got any quicker/bouncier over the last decade, yet our performance abroad has been outstanding. The sole reason for that is the quality of the batsman we have. As our batsman got more experienced and were able to handle alien conditions, our performance automatically improved . I have absolutely no problems in India dishing out dust-bowl turners to opposition teams at home. Spin was, is and will be our strongest points at home. Everyone considers playing the bouncy perth pitch a "wonderful challenge" but facing a square turner in Mumbai is considered a sin. God knows what logic is that !

I hate to say this, but on a pacy/bouncy surface, Pakistan would still dominate India. I don't think we have the bowlers to consistently trouble MoYo, Younis and Misbah. While Pakistani attack on full strength will have Asif, Akhtar & Gul - all three very good/excellent seamers on pacy/bouncy surfaces.

I hate to say this' date=' but on a pacy/bouncy surface, Pakistan would still dominate India. I don't think we have the bowlers to consistently trouble MoYo, Younis and Misbah. [b']While Pakistani attack on full strength will have Asif, Akhtar & Gul - all three very good/excellent seamers on pacy/bouncy surfaces.
which has never happened.
The problem is most batsmen thrive on flat tracks' date=' and no matter how good the bowlers are it depends a lot on luck to get wkts.[/quote'] It is swinging a lot and there is uneven bounce on a specific spot outside the left hander's off stump. You don't need luck to get wickets on this pitch.