India have played most of their games at home : Philander

@Shamim.Miah I think you got confused because our scheduling is a bit weird. 2013-15 we played mostly overseas, then next 2 years mainly at home etc. This gives the wrong impression, next 18 months we tour SA, Eng, Aus and NZ for full fledged series, then many will wonder we play only overseas matches. No other cricket board schedules like this. 

Edited by Gollum
Playing away from home against the likes of Sri Lanka and thrashing them don’t give a clear picture. The 40% of the matches India played away from home includes mostly matches against Sri Lanka. 
From 2013 to 2015 India toured SA,NZ,Eng Aus and SL. Only played WI at home.

Then in 2016 they toured WI.

So where are you getting this tour to SL as the only away tour?
[mention=24072]Shamim.Miah[/mention] I think you got confused because our scheduling is a bit weird. 2013-15 we played mostly overseas, then next 2 years mainly at home etc. This gives the wrong impression, next 18 months we tour SA, Eng, Aus and NZ for full fledged series, then many will wonder we play only overseas matches. No other cricket board schedules like this. 
Will change from 2019.We get fixed home schedule.
12 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:
15 minutes ago, Gollum said:
[mention=24072]Shamim.Miah[/mention] I think you got confused because our scheduling is a bit weird. 2013-15 we played mostly overseas, then next 2 years mainly at home etc. This gives the wrong impression, next 18 months we tour SA, Eng, Aus and NZ for full fledged series, then many will wonder we play only overseas matches. No other cricket board schedules like this. 

Will change from 2019.We get fixed home schedule.

That will be nice. Too taxing on the players to have 4 major overseas tours one after another. 

Nothing wrong in what he says.. Good thing is that, there are competition for almost every position in the 11..and that will result in some gritty performances.

For India to do well, you need the openers to show the intent and Kohli to stand and deliver ..if Kohli and Pujara can do what they are capable, all we want our is Pace trio to find the African length and hoping the pitch and batsman error to do the rest.

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

@Shamim.Miah I think you got confused because our scheduling is a bit weird. 2013-15 we played mostly overseas, then next 2 years mainly at home etc. This gives the wrong impression, next 18 months we tour SA, Eng, Aus and NZ for full fledged series, then many will wonder we play only overseas matches. No other cricket board schedules like this. 

Makes sense now. Some tough times ahead of India coming. Those tours not going to be so easy. We will get to find out how strong India truly are. Batting might be heavily tested, I think Indian bowling has improved a lot.