Difference between Aussie and Indian cricketers

Rohan495

Only partially true..... The overall scenario was different for Aus and India. While Aus, had a ready pool of talent, who once they were given a chance produced almost same end result as their seniors, in India case it was different....our next gen players particularly batsmen are not as capable and consistent as present senior players....that is why we have to be careful, while making a transformation in phased manner purely based on perfromance rather than being blindly obssessed with "injecting youth" competely ignoring overall average/performance.

As far as talent goes, there is probably more talent in the Indian side than in the Aussie side. However, the talent in the Indian side is more latent and surfaces inconsistently. Whereas, the Aussie cricketer is developed in an environment where in order to thrive, it is not just necessary to have talent, but to realise it consistently and it is these that make it into the team. The hard work of the Aussie cricketers to hone their talent and the merit based system that makes them maintain it at a high level is the difference between Aussie cricketers and Indian cricketers. I suppose, in a nutshell, I am saying that the Aussie cricketers work much harder than Indians...or any side in the world...and that is why they are at the top. If India puts the hard yards in like they do...you would see very different outcomes.

Ya...I broadened the topic a bit. However, it probably touches on the same area. The system has to be improved to bring the talent through and hone it at the domestic level. And I think this is starting to happen...Ishant Sharma for instance. No one rated him but he has been a big find on this tour. How many more youg fellows like him might actually be waiting in the wings to prove themselves at the Test and International level. Perhaps there is latent bench strength, but it is not realised. A good move by the selectors to bring in the youngsters for the ODI series.

Indeed a bold and welcome move. I would like to see them tighten the rope a little more. Once Gavaskar had said "Give me 11 Robin Singhs and I will create a world champion team". He obviously indicated the dedication and the desire to always give more than 100%. So can we have a team of 11 Robin Singhs? We can have better. We can definitely find 22 highly skilled and talented players ready to give more than 100%.

Indeed a bold and welcome move. I would like to see them tighten the rope a little more. Once Gavaskar had said "Give me 11 Robin Singhs and I will create a world champion team". He obviously indicated the dedication and the desire to always give more than 100%. So can we have a team of 11 Robin Singhs? We can have better. We can definitely find 22 highly skilled and talented players ready to give more than 100%.
Exactly, One of the things that has helped the aussies to perform to their potential is because no member of the team looked indispensable. May be one was better than the other, but they always seemed to have a replacement who could perform. So there is always a need to perform or give their hundred percent or else you would be sitting out.

The difference is that the aussie selectors have confidence in their bench strength . When they feel a change over needs to be made...they give the players the option of retiring gracefully and respectfully.I don't think the aussie players have the option of going on and on. The Indians selectors on the other hand do not want to let go of the matchwinner and crowd gathering stars because they don't have the confidence in the match winning and crowd gathering skill of the new guys.If they ask a player to retire...it means they cannot go back to the player(like in dada's case)if the youngsters don't perform.Hence they don't give that option. When a player who will earn them big money is found...the older ones are kicked out. That is the BCCI way.

Yes...they are under constant pressure. Take Gilly's decision to retire...although he says that he felt it was time etc...they were noises being made by past players already...so it kind of brought it about naturally to retire. I guess he figured that he was slipping and he had not much space left and he'd better retire gracefully rather than getting pushed out...which would have been done not long after. The instigation was on from the gallery...on radio, on TV...all were coming out with comments. In a way, it is kind of nasty...but the pressure to be at the peak level of performance is always on.

Guest HariSampath
Aussie cricketers retire willingly. Indians are forced to retire.
Indian cricketers are like Govt employees. No work all life, frequent strikes to get higher pay, get relatives into same department by influence, and they retire when they are 58
Australian players' date=' when selected are given a fair go before being dropped. Jacques first test he scored 2 and 28; Symonds - 0,24,6,23,1,9,13,25,0 in his first 11 tests.[/quote'] Rogers got one test match and probably will not get a chance again until Hayden retires (or is hurt again). Players have to take their chances when they are given them. Infact Hodge has been one who has performed and still not gotten into the team .... If such thing had happend in India we would be up in arms. As much a jokers as our selectors are .... our players are not known to take the chances when they get them
Know we know why. Gilly retired for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ of IPL!
Dude, cant you use your brain a bit before you post ? IPL is endorsed by all the cricket boards. Even Sachin is playing in it. An international player doesnt have to retire from active cricket to play in it, understand that. And please, dont go around rubbishing a great like Gilly.
Dude, cant you use your brain a bit before you post ? IPL is endorsed by all the cricket boards. Even Sachin is playing in it. An international player doesnt have to retire from active cricket to play in it, understand that. And please, dont go around rubbishing a great like Gilly.
Rubbish. check this out! Eleven players contracted to Cricket Australia have IPL deals, but the Test team is due to be in Pakistan when the tournament begins. The crowded schedule no longer bothers Gilchrist and he will be free to take part alongside Shane Warne and Glenn McGrath, his fellow retirees. So cleary he can play the whole time and reel in the mega bucks. I wondered why in this test match he started waffling on about how he midjudged 20/20 and how its great and the future. This clearly played major part in his retirement as allows him to chase the big bucks.