A day from the 90z when u literally felt like breaking the tv screen

Cricketics

this game i won't forget my whole life i call it "Eddo Brandes TIe" a horrible mix up led to India-Zimbabwe second tie game.. it happend @ paarl, and also was the first ever game played @ that ground we were having a tri series along with safferz as the third team thatz the game scorecard anyone remember this game? i really threw the ice in the glass on tv screen, couldn't throw the glass as it was a new ONDIA tv http://content-www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/66070.html
Tics: I remember this game for different reasons. It was a tie alright. But, there were stages during the game when we didn't appear to be even close. 61 runs off the last 6 overs with Robin Singh as the lone recognized batsman seemed impossible. I still remember Robin making room outside off and thumping the first ball of the 45th over to point for a boundary. 61 off 6, 53 off 5, 44 off 4, 29 off 3 was how the equation read (if I remember it alright..)... Among the gutless displays that were the order of those days, this tie stood out, for it was hard-fought. Saba Karim & Robin displayed a never-say-die attitude that was unfortunately not a trait of Indian teams of that era. Though disappointed at not winning the game, I distinctly remember my brother and I being extremely happy that night, with the fightback and the fresh attitude of the team.
Tics: I remember this game for different reasons. It was a tie alright. But, there were stages during the game when we didn't appear to be even close. 61 runs off the last 6 overs with Robin Singh as the lone recognized batsman seemed impossible. I still remember Robin making room outside off and thumping the first ball of the 45th over to point for a boundary. 61 off 6, 53 off 5, 44 off 4, 29 off 3 was how the equation read (if I remember it alright..)... Among the gutless displays that were the order of those days, this tie stood out, for it was hard-fought. Saba Karim & Robin displayed a never-say-die attitude that was unfortunately not a trait of Indian teams of that era. Though disappointed at not winning the game, I distinctly remember my brother and I being extremely happy that night, with the fightback and the fresh attitude of the team.
as much as i agree with ur post, this was the only reason i was so fed up and wanted to break the bloody tv screen.. we fought hard and then a sudden mix up made it a tie all of a sudden.. a game i won't forget.. it was also night time i reckon in India..

The entire tour of India to Aussie in 1999 was frustrating to watch. Other than Tendulkar none looked like getting a single run. We had someone like Devang Ganghi, MSK Prasad opening batting against a rampaging Aussie bowling. India were thrashed in every game they played I think including the ODIs. Even Waqar Younis won a game for Pakistan with the bat.