Can Pujara get a century

1 hour ago, zen said:

SR in tests is usually for bowlers. Those of talk about it unnecessarily for batsmen provide a clue about their lack of cricketing acumen :wink:

Viru is one of my fav test cricketers because of how he revolutionized batting in tests but he was an exception. That does not mean everyone has to bat like him and folks would not appreciate a Dravid like inning. Dravid is a fav for different reasons I.e. for doing well relatively in tough batting conditions. Gavaskar and Viru, both with contrasting styles, would be my 1 and 2 picks when selecting an Ind ATG 11

When Pujara is batting, you would expect him to grind the opposition. When Pandya is batting, you would want him to go for runs. I.e. play their respective natural games and do well in doing that. The trouble is when ppl want Pujara to play like Pandya and vice versa 

I have watched Sunny, Venky and Miandad bat but have vague memories now. I do recall Sunny batting as it usually made an impression. Venky was past his best in early 90s. Javad batting was a treat to watch in 92 and 96 SF :lol: but yeah was a gritty player and probably never got an LBW decision in Pak in the era of home umpires 

Javed Miandad wicket was the one which made me a lot happy. He was the key for them and his wicket usually pulled us back in the games .

Viru and Gilchrist were one of the kind. Viru faced the opening bowlers though when they we fresh at start of innings. Just waving the bat here and there does not makes anyone Viru. He had a brilliant hand eye coordination . 

In tests, Dots result in increase in pressure and help bowlers gain rhythm. The impact is given by the following formula:

P = pressure

D = dots

B = bowling performance

N = # of bowlers 

T = total balls bowled

B = (D * N / T) ^ (P/N). Where P = (D/T) ^ (1/3*3)

:dontknow: