Vijay finishes with average of 17, Rahul averaged 7

Cricketics

4 minutes ago, LORD_analyst said:

vijay was chasing wide balls....kohli had nothing to do with it....icf is full of madrasi bimbos.

I think our openers in almost all innings were guilty of chasing wide balls, Vijay especially was unrecognizable in 4 out of those 6 innings poking at everything like a maniac. I hope Kohli-Shastri cut off this intent talk and allow our top order to play themselves into form in England, more time they spend easier it will be for Kohli/Rahane. In SC top order can get away with intent but in SA/Eng even someone as ridiculously talented as Sehwag struggled because he didn't respect the quicks enough. Intent will however work fine in Aussie tracks later this year as history has shown (Slater, Viru, Gayle, Hayden, Warner etc).

1 minute ago, LORD_analyst said:

don't think karhik will play as pure baatsman , but good idea- has a solid technique.

He was our top scorer in 2007 Eng tour, batted beautifully. I know that it has been over a decade since that, but looks like he has changed his attitude for the better now.

5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I hope Kohli-Shastri cut off this intent talk and allow our top order to play themselves into form in England, more time they spend easier it will be for Kohli/Rahane

intent talk was only for pujara, pujara was leaving half-volleys in saf .....was building too much pressure on others. u are misunderstanding him, pujara was benefiting the opposition fast bowlers by getting them in rythm....kohli never talked about vijay or rahul- intent talk was for pujara only.

8 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Vijay especially was unrecognizable in 4 out of those 6 innings poking at everything like a maniac.

yup...as a dedicated test batsman ....expected a lot from him...needs to show his mettle. the longer he stays on crease ,the more will it benefit stroke players like kohli,rahane,etc.

5 hours ago, LORD_analyst said:

i think dhawan can bat at no. 6 ...old ball and tired bowlers...can pretty much destroy bowlers with cut and straight drives.

Dhawan can do things to the ball which Vijay cannot even see.