South Africa v. India - Series Predictor - 4th ODI - RSA Win - UPDATED !!!

goose

On 10 February 2018 at 2:10 AM, maniac said:

Batsman-don’t remember my choices did I pick Kohli yet? If not Dhawan

Bowler-Rabada

Fieldet-Dhoni

You cannot have Dhoni again as your fielder. Your previous choices are listed in the first few posts of this thread.

40 minutes ago, Shy9 said:

Thanxs Goose for results but can you explain how you guys count points .? Example last game,dhawan as a Fielder, how you calculate so I know whom to selects for port Ellzabeth team 

It's all in the rules in first post of this thread.

Goose

i think you need to changes rule for future series in England or so for batsman category or vice versa 

for example I had Dhawan as Fielder he not took any catch so I gets 0 from him but my selection was ABD as batsman who scored 26 and also hold catch but I got only 26 points from ABDV. Which should change in the future for 51 points ( in stead 26 ) because for one spot as Batsman,you need to sorts out  22 players so you must need change in rules 

no way you can have Lable  as batsman,bowler and a Fielder category 

better to play with any 3 player because normally World wide DRAFTS are 

4 or 5 player of your choice per match rather than 

batsman

bowler

Fielder or keeper 

catagory 

i hope you like my suggestion as more member gets chance to earns  more points 

I never seen other places where so many members taking part in Draft like ICF .

keep it up great job

7 hours ago, goose said:

No impact - points scored as normal. 

Goose, thanks for the good work. Really appreciated.

However I'd beg to differ from the above, - a shortened game massively biases the results against the guys who chose their players from innings two (Indian bowlers, SA bats). 

For example, South African bowlers had the full fifty overs to get their wickets in the first innings.  Thus anyone who chose Rabada, got 10 full overs.

My guy Yadav only got to bowl 6 because of the DL.

Similarly, Indian bats got the full fifty overs to play, but anyone who chose SA bats will be at a disadvantage because they got only 28 overs!

My two cents only, I feel it biases the end results.  However, (a) it's your game so your call, and(b) It may be too late to or too complicated to change.

5 hours ago, Shy9 said:

Goose

i think you need to changes rule for future series in England or so for batsman category or vice versa 

for example I had Dhawan as Fielder he not took any catch so I gets 0 from him but my selection was ABD as batsman who scored 26 and also hold catch but I got only 26 points from ABDV. Which should change in the future for 51 points ( in stead 26 ) because for one spot as Batsman,you need to sorts out  22 players so you must need change in rules 

no way you can have Lable  as batsman,bowler and a Fielder category 

better to play with any 3 player because normally World wide DRAFTS are 

4 or 5 player of your choice per match rather than 

batsman

bowler

Fielder or keeper 

catagory 

i hope you like my suggestion as more member gets chance to earns  more points 

I never seen other places where so many members taking part in Draft like ICF .

keep it up great job

We can all have a discussion about rule changes for future series once this series is over. Note you could have chosen ABDV as your batsman and also as your fielder if you really wanted to back his all round contribution.

5 hours ago, NameGoesHere said:

Goose, thanks for the good work. Really appreciated.

However I'd beg to differ from the above, - a shortened game massively biases the results against the guys who chose their players from innings two (Indian bowlers, SA bats). 

For example, South African bowlers had the full fifty overs to get their wickets in the first innings.  Thus anyone who chose Rabada, got 10 full overs.

My guy Yadav only got to bowl 6 because of the DL.

Similarly, Indian bats got the full fifty overs to play, but anyone who chose SA bats will be at a disadvantage because they got only 28 overs!

My two cents only, I feel it biases the end results.  However, (a) it's your game so your call, and(b) It may be too late to or too complicated to change.

I couldn't watch the game but read that bad weather stopped play. You can often predict bad weather indeed it's often part of the match build up. You could have looked up the weather, waited for the toss where Kohli decided to bat, then went with Bat-Indian, Bowl-SA, and Field-SA. Was bad weather predicted? 

What do others think?

2 hours ago, goose said:

I couldn't watch the game but read that bad weather stopped play. You can often predict bad weather indeed it's often part of the match build up. You could have looked up the weather, waited for the toss where Kohli decided to bat, then went with Bat-Indian, Bowl-SA, and Field-SA. Was bad weather predicted? 

What do others think?

I feel it's fine for now, but something to be considered later on. 

It may be too much of a hassle to mess with, one can just say it's part of the nature of cricket, so roll with it.

38 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

I feel it's fine for now, but something to be considered later on. 

It may be too much of a hassle to mess with, one can just say it's part of the nature of cricket, so roll with it.

Yes happy to tweak things to reflect majority view but my own view is that it's part of the game.