Reactions after Hansen's verdict on Harbhajan case [Merged]

HATE TEXT: Anti-Indian SMS calls for Twenty20 protest Cricket fans are planning to protest against the Indian side in tomorrow's Twenty20 match against India in Melbourne. It's believed text messages are circulating, urging supporters to verbally attack the tourists and their fans in the wake of the Harbhajan Singh race row. But Cricket Australia CEO James Sutherland says he is confident Australian fans will behave and won't be drawn in by the text message campaign. "I would urge all Australian cricket fans to come and direct their energies in their support of the Australian cricket team," Sutherland said. "The game is what is most important and I'm sure our cricket fans will respond in the most positive fashion. "It's time to move on." Acting superintendent Bob Hill from Victorian Police hopes an energetic and spectacular game that will divert attention away from the on-going race row. "I think everyone is going to be captivated by what's occurring on the pitch as opposed to what's occuring in the stands," he said. Mr Hill has said police won't tolerate any racial abuse. "I expect the broader cricketing community to actually get on with the game in a sense...the cricketers are doing the same thing as I understand." I have tickets but Im confused if I should be going. :omg:

In this whole fiasco I don't understand why the hell Symonds was not fined for abuse. A more balanced judgment would have been both Bhajji and Symonds getting fined. The Aussie media and team who are trumpeting the lack of Bhajji's record should consider themselves very fortunate. I'm sure Speed & co would have loved to screw us just like their loyal dog Proctor but in this case they underestimated Indian response.Serves the clowns at ICC right.

Aussies had it coming: Boycott Aussies had it coming: Boycott A STAFF REPORTER Calcutta: Former England captain Geoffrey Boycott has slammed the Australian culture of aggression and said that Ricky Ponting and Co. have no right to cry foul over on-field abuse since they have dished out worse treatment to teams over the years. In his column for The Daily Telegraph, the former opener said Andrew Symonds deserved the lack of sympathy being shown to him. “I can’t help noticing what a resounding lack of sympathy there has been around the world and even in Australia for Symonds and his sad little protestations of racial abuse. “So Harbhajan Singh called him a monkey. So what? The Aussies have been dishing out far worse for years, as anyone in the cricket world will tell you.†Boycott said Australia could not pose as if it was their right to lord it over every opposition. “For some reason, the Australian team think it’s their right to lord it over every opposition team, to disparage them and mock them. Yes, Australia are the world champions. Yes, they’re an exceptionally talented and consistent side. But that doesn’t give them the right to behave like gods who are outside the normal standards of behaviour.†Boycott said that Cricket Australia should tell the players to cut out the nonsense. “…They should keep a closer eye on their team all the time, and not just when there is a nasty scene that makes the news. The administrators must have known that their players were developing a reputation for abusive language.†Boycott said the Australians should have realised that sooner or later they would be paid back in their own coin. “If you keep abusing people, sooner or later someone is going to turn around and talk back to you. My message to Symonds — and to his captain Ricky Ponting, who reported Harbhajan to the umpires — is ‘Don’t be a cry-baby’. If you dish it out, you’ve got to be prepared to take it in return, and not go running to teacher.†He said he wasn’t surprised to hear that the Indians had threatened to call off the tour. “Frankly, I’m not surprised that the Indians threatened to call off the tour. They see this whole affair as a slur on their country. You’ve got to remember how big the cricket team is over there: they are at the heart and soul of India’s national identity. “And cricket still has these long-standing associations with sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct, though I wonder how they have survived with everything that’s been going on.†http://www.telegraphindia.com/1080111/jsp/sports/story_8769340.jsp