58 balls 71 runs - Kohli, Dhoni, Pandey

49 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

I was actually gking to put in a sentence to exclude dhoni from my point . Lol as he just sucks period 

on pandey first game for a while . Understandable not wanting a duck and low score and had some thoughts on not losing wicket . Normal ? That’s why players need half decent run to build confidence and show true worth or if genuinely suck 

Hardick pandey had great s/r so no idea why op put him in title 

considering dhoni has place for life you would think would up it . But now he simply does not have other grears and is not playing percentages . Simply can’t smoke it now as will get out . 

Agree, we can’t judge Pandey much. Its not his fault. He belongs to t20 team only when he is batting up in place of someone like Kohli if Kohki is resting or something, otherwise that is what his game is and that is what we are going to get.

We can’t expect for him to play like Macwell or Pandya and throw huge sixes every few balls in this game.

In T20s, Ind has much to gain by playing the following line up:

Dhawan

Rohit

Kohli

Rahul 

Gill

Pandya 

Pant / K Pandya (if Rahul is keeping)

4 bowlers 

PS I rate Panday as a good overall cricketer, who would be more useful in ODIs

Edited by zen
25 minutes ago, zen said:

In T20s, Ind has much to gain by playing the following line up:

Dhawan

Rohit

Kohli

Rahul 

Gill

Pandya 

Pant / K Pandya (if Rahul is keeping)

4 bowlers 

PS I rate Panday as a good overall cricketer, who would be more useful in ODIs

We will be better of bringing Gill and any such extremely young players in 50 overs than putting them in t20s first where they will be asked to score quickly and will likely fail and then will be dropped and then Janta here will say “He is not ineternational class.” after just seeing little sample of their batting from a format where most youngsters struggle.

Pant, Iyer, Kohli etc all struggled in their IPL earlier in their careers becauset20 is just not the easiest formats to start scoring runs. It takes time to adjust to that format. 

I would ideally like to bring them in 50 overs first and that is perfect transition into test cricket as well as t20.

However since the need of the hour is young batsman for t20s, I will bring much established youngsters to the Indian t20 set up and they are - Krunal Pandya, Deepak Hooda or Nitish Rana. These guys also might struggle earlier due to the demands of t20 format, but eventually they will get us wcross the line.

This following line up if given good amount of games can succeed. Of course players can be rotated.

Rohit

Pant/Rahul(Keeper) One of the two play as opener and keeper.

Kohli

Raina 

Hooda 

Hardik Pandya

Krunal Pandya/Rana - These two guys will also provide spin bowling option.

Chahal/Kuldeep

Khejroliya/Khaleel/Thampi or any youngster

Bumrah

Bhuvneshwar

The above batting line up is crazy good. They will chase down 200 totals as well as have bowling options to defend low totals and bowl well at the death. It gives us extra spin options od Pandya/Nitish/Raina while still playing one of the two lead spinners. It provides us extra seam option of Pandya and one extra young fast bowler. In case Raina fials we can also use Rahul at 4 and stick with Pant and Rohit as opener. We have lot of options with this combination of players.

This or similar squad can win us the championship in Australia in t20s.