Critcism Over World Championz

Cricketics

Critcism Over World Championz  

1. 1.

• Yes, surely
    • No, Indian team deservez to be criticized

Guest HariSampath

The criticism is perfectly justified. For a T20 champ team to lose or win is fine, but to play like THIS and show zero brains is apalling. From selection onwards everything sucked. Why did we need 5 bowlers ? How can Sachin rest ? and what good is a 20 over rest anyway considering the whole season, meaningful rests must be at least 1 week or 10 days to count as a physical rest. When we know Yuvraj our best limited overs batter is injured, how can Dhoni go in with just 5 batters ( and minus Sachin) ? How can we go with just 5 batters when 4 of the top 5 have not played in Australia at all ? How can the captain of a defending T20 Champ side call it a practice match before it was played ? For all of the above, the criticism is perfectly valid , especially after all the above was followed up by a humiliating 74 allout . The criticism is directed at the team's approach and performance in THIS match. I cannot understand how some members call this OTT reaction...this is perfectly normal reaction. Did anyone say the Perth test win was followed by OTT reaction , afterall it was just one win ? No. We celebrated as we had won the series, and nothing wrong IMO, same way, this kind of performance by our Champs deserves criticism. Thats what fans are for and criticism doesn not mean there is no support, there is always support, but this game has to be criticised.

The criticism is perfectly justified. For a T20 champ team to lose or win is fine, but to play like THIS and show zero brains is apalling. From selection onwards everything sucked. Why did we need 5 bowlers ? How can Sachin rest ? and what good is a 20 over rest anyway considering the whole season, meaningful rests must be at least 1 week or 10 days to count as a physical rest. When we know Yuvraj our best limited overs batter is injured, how can Dhoni go in with just 5 batters ( and minus Sachin) ? How can we go with just 5 batters when 4 of the top 5 have not played in Australia at all ? How can the captain of a defending T20 Champ side call it a practice match before it was played ? For all of the above, the criticism is perfectly valid , especially after all the above was followed up by a humiliating 74 allout . The criticism is directed at the team's approach and performance in THIS match.
Well said.
I cannot understand how some members call this OTT reaction...this is perfectly normal reaction. Did anyone say the Perth test win was followed by OTT reaction , afterall it was just one win ? No. We celebrated as we had won the series.
I nearly forgot the extent of celebration. Good point.
I cannot understand how some members call this OTT reaction...this is perfectly normal reaction. Did anyone say the Perth test win was followed by OTT reaction , afterall it was just one win ? No. We celebrated as we had won the series, and nothing wrong IMO, same way, this kind of performance by our Champs deserves criticism. Thats what fans are for and criticism doesn not mean there is no support, there is always support, but this game has to be criticised.
I can't believe you are comparing Twenty20 with test cricket Hari. It's like comparing gold with iron rust. Test cricket is played over 5 days and Twenty20 over 3 hours. The celebration for a test win obviously of huge magnum compared to Twenty20. Of course you don't need to be reminded how many in Perth had won test matches at Perth in the last one decade.
Guest HariSampath
I can't believe you are comparing Twenty20 with test cricket Hari. It's like comparing gold with iron rust. Test cricket is played over 5 days and Twenty20 over 3 hours. The celebration for a test win obviously of huge magnum compared to Twenty20. Of course you don't need to be reminded how many in Perth had won test matches at Perth in the last one decade.
I never compared the 2 formats. I just compared the celebrations and the criticism was leveled at the team for various things outlined in earlier post. Even if celebration for Perth test win was huge, that was nothing compared to our celebrations after T20 triumph in SA. For a T20 champ side to play this game as a practice game, play the way they did with the attitude they did, the criticism was always proportional to the celebrations of last year. Also criticisng and celebrating are fan/media/experts reactions and it doesnt mean comparing a test win against a T20 loss
I never compared the 2 formats. I just compared the celebrations and the criticism was leveled at the team for various things outlined in earlier post. Even if celebration for Perth test win was huge' date=' that was nothing compared to our celebrations after T20 triumph in SA. For a T20 champ side to play this game as a practice game, play the way they did with the attitude they did, the criticism was always proportional to the celebrations of last year. Also criticisng and celebrating are fan/media/experts reactions and it doesnt mean comparing a test win against a T20 loss[/quote'] You said "afterall it was just one win ? No. We celebrated as we had won the series" and that was what I was relating to. No way a test win in Perth was a OTT celebration considering the history and the form Australia was at. Sure little bit of criticism is required but to question every shot played by the batters and every ball bowled by the bowlers is OTT criticism. Sh**t happens mate and it's one of those days. If India fold up like they did yesterday say in the next 3 ODIs the criticism is justified. It just seems like the fans question every bad shot played, every bad ball bowled and every fielding lapse. Some days things just doesn't work and that is life in cricket. Last night was one of those days.
Guest HariSampath

I still stand by my statement that One test win , even if it had been at Perth, does NOT merit a celebration like we have won a test series in Australia. At least if we had drawn a series 1-1 or 2-2 , it may be understandable, but celebrating a solitary test win ( when we were actually 1-2) as if we had won a test series is OTT . Like I said , I know it was one of those days, and I can take a loss as well as the next guy , but I criticised the team on 4-5 counts and not simply a few shots. Pl see my earlier post on why I had criticised.

You beat a team with a 16 match streak on a ground where no one gave us a chance, a ground where the last foreign team won 14 years ago, I bet any world team would have celebrated a bit OTT But, with are large media, you should know by now that a celebration is always perceived to be way OTT anyways

Guest HariSampath
You beat a team with a 16 match streak on a ground where no one gave us a chance' date=' a ground where the last foreign team won 14 years ago, I bet any world team would have celebrated [i']a bit OTT But, with are large media, you should know by now that a celebration is always perceived to be way OTT anyways
I agree that beating a test team ( top team with 16 wins) in their backyard will evoke celebrations and richly deserved. Same way, when a champion team ( in T20) , who has never lost to Aus in this, calls it a practice game, selects team brainlessly, plays with total idiocy, and packs up like minnows.....same reaction , opposite to above. In the test win we , the underdog won the test champs and celebrated. Yesterday, we the champs, played like minnows and lost. Hence the reactions are both different from fans as the expectations and levels of performance and attitudes were totally different.

team Selection was attrocious... they selected all the under perfomers in Ranji with Gambir as exception.They wanted to improve the fielding, after making 74 runs even if they have 11 jonty in the team u can't win . To be successful a good total is required. Still best of luck to team India.:isalute: