Cricket Stadiums in India

Rajiv

Frankly, I am jealous seeing all these wonderful grounds in Australia, its got the pomp, visual beauty, comfort, space and they don't look claustrophobic at all Turn to India, BCCI and Billion Dollars; we got big grounds but they are like out nothing short of 3rd class Fack this IPL etc, make some huge grounds, make it look nice, start with Mumbai your headquarters at least..I am wishing for a enclosed dome but thats asking too much really

Keep all the home games of India @ Mohali. There is no ground in India that can come close to the facilities that are provided by PCA. Ahmedabad may come 2nd, in terms of looks

they have improved alot.. in all regions.. however even if they make it look a pure class stadium' date=' it won't give that great a show on tv the way aussie or english stadiums give a look on tv.. just because coverage comes from a dusty subcontinent..[/quote'] I get your point to a certain extent, but if a product is good, it can look good on TV..like Mohali, it looks like an english ground. My point is, when the money is there, they can make stadiums better than Australia too
I get your point to a certain extent, but if a product is good, it can look good on TV..like Mohali, it looks like an english ground. My point is, when the money is there, they can make stadiums better than Australia too
Cricks made a good point actually. Under current BCCI, many of our stadiums have been revamped. For example, Jaipur stadium got canopies and floodlights, delhi/ahmedabad got new looks added to them, brabourne stadium is up for the grasp now.
Cricks made a good point actually. Under current BCCI' date=' many of our stadiums have been revamped. For example, Jaipur stadium got canopies and floodlights, delhi/ahmedabad got new looks added to them, brabourne stadium is up for the grasp now.[/quote'] ..you are talking abt repairs and "Makeover", my vision was complete revamp
..you are talking abt repairs and "Makeover"' date=' my vision was complete revamp[/quote'] I am sorry to break this news to you, but I have to ..... our board's name is not PCB, who are planning 100 new stadiums all over the country :hysterical:

India has more than 20 international stadiums that have hosted test matches and I think around 38 for ODI .. Its very difficult to manange over 35 stadiums. I still dont care about the stadium as much as I worry about the crwod behaviour in India. Few of my friends were in Mumbai for the test between Aus - India and they said that crowd was shocking , rude and racist. This is what happend 3 years ago when I guess symonds wasnt even in the side. Its not nice to hear abuse even if you are just a spectator.

India has more than 20 international stadiums that have hosted test matches and I think around 38 for ODI .. Its very difficult to manange over 35 stadiums. I still dont care about the stadium as much as I worry about the crwod behaviour in India. Few of my friends were in Mumbai for the test between Aus - India and they said that crowd was shocking , rude and racist. This is what happend 3 years ago when I guess symonds wasnt even in the side. Its not nice to hear abuse even if you are just a spectator.
I know what you mean by crowd behavior. Mumbaikars get very personal if they don't get to watch sachin treat :giggle:. For some reasons, we take our wrath on Pakistan, if things dont go our way :cantstop:. Going with family to Wankhede is absolute NO NO. Its absolutely charming atmosphere for college boys but it can be a havoc experience for some mature and non-Indian fellow.