NZ and England Lose the Clue

Dhondy

Don't know about NZ Dhondy but England sure have some exciting players. The likes of Cook, Bell, KP, Vaughan, Anderson, Collingwood, Chris Broad are all exciting players. Sure NZ lacks quality but England is still a strong test unit. Not picking Strauss is disappointing though but there is still enough quality and exciting players to follow in England. I agree it is pretty silly to set up test matches towards the end of summer. I won't be surprised one or two test matches will be rained off.

Don't know about NZ Dhondy but England sure have some exciting players. The likes of Cook' date=' Bell, KP, Vaughan, Anderson, Collingwood, Chris Broad are all exciting players. Sure NZ lacks quality but England is still a strong test unit. Not picking Strauss is disappointing though but there is still enough quality and exciting players to follow in England.[/quote'] Strauss made it this time, Ravi. He'll be in the Test side.
Completely bemused to see a series begin with a couple of 20-20 biff-bangs' date=' meander through an ODI pyjama-fest, and then graduate to Test cricket. Going by recent trends, most fast bowlers from these two sides should be rendered hors-de-combat by the time the first Test begins.[/color'] Even more disappointing is the NZ boards excommunication of their only world class bowler because he chose to cash in his chips before his injury ravaged body gave up. Martin, Franklin and Gillespie might still give England one or two scares, but that would only be down to the general gutlessness of the Poms when put under pressure. This is after all a side that saw a Test prospect in Ravi Bopara, that massive prodigy who ended up with a batting average of 8.4 against SL, keeping Andrew Strauss out in the process. Their new hope is slogger Luke Wright, whose batting style would make Uthappa look like a purist. Two completely clueless sides. The tragedy is that if England win 3-0, they would overhaul India by an infinitessimal 0.02 point margin and go second.
Bump Our schedule against NZ is the same. Sharma hasnt been rested for a while now and he looks more ineffective now. Let's just hope that Dhoni and co give the guys enough rest during the meaningless 20/20s and odis.

I don't think they can be rested. If they don't play how will they adjust to the conditions and pitch? India can only only take T20 matches as their 20 over bat, 20 over bowl practice matches. Then I think the result of the following matches will be good. Otherwise it'll be mighty togh adapting to the condition. Anyone living in Kiwiland on this board? How is the weather there? Do we have chances of rain during the test series?