Gun market in Wazaristan !!!

velu

2 hours ago, Stradlater said:

Are Niazis considered as pure Pashtuns? I mean since they have been living in Punjab for quite some time now, don't the other pathans from KPK and FATA look down upon them as is norm in subcontinent with regards to any ethnicity when they move out of their original place?

I would imagine most of the tribals would not consider them as their own because an integral part of Pashtunwali (read up on it if you want to know more but it’s essentially a code of sorts) is to know Pashto and  most modern day Niazis are unable to speak the language. 

The overwhelming majority of Niazis are not 100% Pashtun which you can almost identify though the fact that they generally lack the hard facial features you would find in a pure Pashtun. (re. Misbah-ul-Haq or Shadab Khan). 

Edited by Ellipsism

1 hour ago, Ellipsism said:

I would imagine most of the tribals would not consider them as their own because an integral part of Pashtunwali (read up on it if you want to know more but it’s essentially a code of sorts) to know Pashto and  most modern day Niazis are unable to speak the language. 

The overwhelming majority of Niazis are not 100% Pashtun about which you can almost identify though the fact that they generally lack the hard facial features of a pure Pashtun (re. Misbah-ul-Haq or Shadab Khan). 

I know about Pakhtunkhwali.

Interesting so Imran Khan might actually be a naqli pathan after all even though he's got all the good looks.

1 hour ago, Stradlater said:

I know about Pakhtunkhwali.

Interesting so Imran Khan might actually be a naqli pathan after all even though he's got all the good looks.

Imran is an aberration; he’s about as pure as a Niazi comes to being a pure Pathan.

I would imagine most of the tribals would not consider them as their own because an integral part of Pashtunwali (read up on it if you want to know more but it’s essentially a code of sorts) is to know Pashto and  most modern day Niazis are unable to speak the language. 

The overwhelming majority of Niazis are not 100% Pashtun which you can almost identify though the fact that they generally lack the hard facial features you would find in a pure Pashtun. (re. Misbah-ul-Haq or Shadab Khan). 

They are known as punjabi pathans, they have pashtun ancestry but they speak punjabi or seraiki or whatever dialect of punjabi they speak.

Punjabies of kpk who can speak pashto are considered more pashtun than punjabi pathans because they live amongst us, amongst us they will not introduce them selves as pashtuns because we know them but if they encounter punjabies and other pakistanis they will say " we are pathans" lol.

They are known as punjabi pathans, they have pashtun ancestry but they speak punjabi or seraiki or whatever dialect of punjabi they speak.

Punjabies of kpk who can speak pashto are considered more pashtun than punjabi pathans because they live amongst us, amongst us they will not introduce them selves as pashtuns because we know them but if they encounter punjabies and other pakistanis they will say " we are pathans" lol.

I had a roommate with me for a while in US. His last name was Khan. Both of us were South Indians and look like average Indians. So we were talking and he said his father is very dark that is more darker than us and her mother was "white" and her maternal grandma said his father needs to be an actual Pathan that is "white". Somehow they didnt see each other during marriage and was shocked when he was very dark. So his maternal relatives dont get along with him.

According to your post, even his  maternal "white" Pathans may not be accepted as Pathans. He said his father has some ancestry from Pathans and this guy considers himself as Pathan. Thats the rule he said they must have followed during his parents marriage ceremony. So his logic is paternal ancestry which is from a Pathan forefather makes him a Pathan even though he looks like a South Indian :bird:

By that token, Stuart Binny who is an Anglo-Indian must be English since one of his forefathers would have been English. But he also admitted that the Pashtun region of Pakistan and Afghanistan is very racist and wont accept him or anyone from India because they are "black"

I had a roommate with me for a while in US. His last name was Khan. Both of us were South Indians and look like average Indians. So we were talking and he said his father is very dark that is more darker than us and her mother was "white" and her maternal grandma said his father needs to be an actual Pathan that is "white". Somehow they didnt see each other during marriage and was shocked when he was very dark. So his maternal relatives dont get along with him.

According to your post, even his  maternal "white" Pathans may not be accepted as Pathans. He said his father has some ancestry from Pathans and this guy considers himself as Pathan. Thats the rule he said they must have followed during his parents marriage ceremony. So his logic is paternal ancestry which is from a Pathan forefather makes him a Pathan even though he looks like a South Indian :bird:

By that token, Stuart Binny who is an Anglo-Indian must be English since one of his forefathers would have been English. But he also admitted that the Pashtun region of Pakistan and Afghanistan is very racist and wont accept him or anyone from India because they are "black"

It's like modern day 'mughals' going to uzbekistan and saying to the locals in  a language they dont understand that we are Uzbeks lol.

After the destruction of mughal empire it was noted by British authors that many muslims of South Asia just adopted any surname they liked and claimed such and such ancestry, especially prevelant with Muhajir people in Pakistan.

It's like modern day 'mughals' going to uzbekistan and saying to the locals in  a language they dont understand that we are Uzbeks lol.

After the destruction of mughal empire it was noted by British authors that many muslims of South Asia just adopted any surname they liked and claimed such and such ancestry, especially prevelant with Muhajir people in Pakistan.

Yes it's sad to see  every Abdul, Junaid and Salim from Pakistan using Khan as surname when half of them are probably descendents of lower caste churas or marasis. I think it's mainly a west Punjabi trait. Never seen so many beghairat people in one place.

I met a Pakistani guy with last name Mughal. Must be one of those types. There are some Pakistanis/Indians who trace their lineage to Arabs. If you ever call an Iranian or Turk that he is from Arab descent, he will probably try to beat you :laugh:. There is a huge identity crisis among some people in South Asia.

I met a Pakistani guy with last name Mughal. Must be one of those types. There are some Pakistanis/Indians who trace their lineage to Arabs. If you ever call an Iranian or Turk that he is from Arab descent, he will probably try to beat you :laugh:. There is a huge identity crisis among some people in South Asia.

there are lots of yemani , oman and other reltively poor arab people coming to manipal/bangalore for taking medical treatments with their families ..

these guys are mostly wheatish to dark and can easily infilterate south india as natives ( average height like 5.5 to 5.9 and many have curly hair as well )..

i had seen few mallu uncles wearing thobe ( zeta or some lebanese resaturant near golden district where i use to go for only shawarma :p: )  

Edited by velu

there are lots of yemani , oman and other reltively poor arab people coming to manipal/bangalore for taking medical treatments with their families ..

these are mostly wheatish to dark and can easily infilterate south india as natives ( average height like 5.5 to 5.9 and many have curly hair as well )..

i had seen few mallu uncles wearing thobe ( zeta or some lebanese resaturant near golden district where i use to go for only shawarma :p: )  

But our languages are hard to master even for northies. After seeing our kazhagams, they will go back to their countries. lol at mallu uncles. You can see the lungi under the thobe :phehe: