Fielding appreciation thread

bunny

I think so far the Indian team has managed to save almost nothing and dropped one catch (Rohit Sharma). In the 1st match also when 10 overs were bowled we saved almost nothing. Can we keep track of how many runs the Indians saved so that we can understand how much of a difference fielding (or in particular this fielding side) makes? So far: Sehwag (+1), Yuvraj (+1), Pathan (+1), Harbhajan (-1), Gambhir (-1), Rohit Sharma (-1 catch), Ishant (-1), Raina (-2) Total: -2, -1 catch Dhoni: +1 stumping, -1 catch

india have matches where they hit the stumps a lot but usually after the batsman is in and then they have the days where we have so many chances and they find it impossible to hit BCCI need to offer Australia's fielding coach megabucks and take him away from aus (mike young, is it?)
But don't take catching lessons from him...

Mike Young was the head coach of the Australian baseball team a decade or so ago. He is teaching nothing but good baseball skills to the aussie cricketers. I am a pitching coach with one of the national australian baseball sides and have worked with players for 20 years to throw straighter and harder. Mike has good alround baseball knowledge, but nothing more than any high level baseball coach. I would be happy to work in India to improve fielding and throwing skills. I often wonder why they haven't employed a baseballer to do this. Mike's training has created the biggest difference between the national cricket sides. The aussies field like average baseballers, the rest are quite tragic.