I get emotional whenever I think of Gambhir's role in my career: Navdeep Saini

5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

My dad was listening to radio commentary and he remembers talk about the use of beamers by Holding and co. Vishy, Brijesh Patel and Gaekwad were injured and we were already lost at that point. Bedi and Chandra weren't going to save our skins. 

Gaekwad was a very gutsy player and our team wasn't that strong those days. What's the surprise if he played 40 tests? 

Surprise is his biggest talent was guts , what it means they were more talented players but they simply couldn't handle the heat.

There were no beamers Indian batsmen just did not have enough talent/guts to handle pace of Holding who was at his bowling at his peak pace. You don't hand the test by forfeiting, Smith walked out with one hand and played.Malcolm Marshall literally played with one hand.

This was not Bedi's last rodeo in forfeiting the match, he did the same again in Pakistan in 1978 .

7 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Surprise is his biggest talent was guts , what it means they were more talented players but they simply couldn't handle the heat.

There were no beamers Indian batsmen just did not have enough talent/guts to handle pace of Holding who was at his bowling at his peak pace. You don't hand the test by forfeiting, Smith walked out with one hand and played.Malcolm Marshall literally played with one hand.

This was not Bedi's last rodeo in forfeiting the match, he did the same again in Pakistan in 1978 .

LOL that was to protest Pak cheating. Pakstanis were bowling wides and the cheating home umpires were complicit..what's the point playing when the bowler won't even bowl on the pitch yet the delivery being called dot ball?  

On 6/13/2018 at 10:15 AM, Gollum said:

LOL that was to protest Pak cheating. Pakstanis were bowling wides and the cheating home umpires were complicit..what's the point playing when the bowler won't even bowl on the pitch yet the delivery being called dot ball?  

It doesn't matter, you don't forfeit the match, he did the same in protest against Holding bowling too many bouncers.

Edited by putrevus