Has there been a player more cringy than Hardik Pandya?

1 hour ago, philcric said:

Don't flatter yourself.

You keep harping on about how the stats are not done right. Back it up with how they should be done or stop saying it.

Go read my posts above. If you don't get it then read them again real slow. That may help.

13 minutes ago, philcric said:

Words and facts are different.

No, I did not distort your words.

I was making a point that many present WKs bat massively well, not just decent.

But fact is their #1 job is to keep wickets. Runs are a must too. You just dont want a batsman to don gloves and do a half a#s job.

1 hour ago, Khota said:

No one deserves 6 chances. Sachin included. benching does not mean that you are kicked out of the team, all it means is you are sitting out the next game. Repeated failure means you go play Ranji.

n what do u gain out of it 

Players after 2-3 failure of persistence has given the perfomances of their life

Yuvraj singh was the biggest xample in both WCs

This instable theory has never worked in cricket. When u quote something comeup with an example 

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

n what do u gain out of it 

Players after 2-3 failure of persistence has given the perfomances of their life

Yuvraj singh was the biggest xample in both WCs

This instable theory has never worked in cricket. When u quote something comeup with an example 

When you dont try it you will never find out. Cricket is just like any other sport with athletes making plays at their designated positions. Fundamentals can be applied across all sports.

50 minutes ago, Khota said:

I don't need help as I don't keep asking you questions repeatedly. you do that so i was helping you.

I was repeating the questions you haven't answered.

You can repeat the questions I haven't answered, if you wish.

As simple as that.

36 minutes ago, Khota said:

When you dont try it you will never find out. Cricket is just like any other sport with athletes making plays at their designated positions. Fundamentals can be applied across all sports.

i knew my theory n gave u xample, now u give urs 

Dnt come with crap line. Give me xample when has dropping player after 2 games work. Look at KL rahul , constant chop n change has hampered his confidence last yr 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 hour ago, Khota said:

Let me give you benefit of doubt and ask this question again: How many hours does a top athlete practises in a day?

Not sure about the relevance or context of your question.

Anyway, I'd imagine around 6 hours on average on sports skills in the off-season and non-match days.

16 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i knew my theory n gave u xample, now u give urs 

Dnt come with crap line. Give me xample when has dropping player after 2 games work. Look at KL rahul , constant chop n change has hampered his confidence last yr 

last I checked rahul has comeback so strong. In SA tour he was not good but now he has picked up his game. Being benched should not affect your confidence.

13 minutes ago, philcric said:

Not sure about the relevance or context of your question.

Anyway, I'd imagine around 6 hours on average on sports skills in the off-season and non-match days.

We will get to the context.

6 hours is fair enough.  

If someone practises batting for six hours and another person practises bowling for six hours how can someone practising both skill sets for 3 hours be as good as the top line person?

2 minutes ago, Khota said:

last I checked rahul has comeback so strong. In SA tour he was not good but now he has picked up his game. Being benched should not affect your confidence.

coz he was dropped for dhawan in 1st test and it affected his confidence in SA 

Ofcourse it does, read any player interview they ll tell u about it . What was the biggest problem under chappell they all didnt feel secure about their places under him. 

Find me one interview where a player said we improved coz we were dropped after 2 games

Look at RCB, keep chopping n changing n poor end result . In comparison look at CSk, SRH, MI............they back their players 

Ur many theories are chappell's way n his result were bad 

34 minutes ago, philcric said:

I was repeating the questions you haven't answered.

You can repeat the questions I haven't answered, if you wish.

As simple as that.

We need to move on as I have asked the question which you can respond to at your convenience.

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

coz he was dropped for dhawan in 1st test and it affected his confidence in SA 

Ofcourse it does, read any player interview they ll tell u about it . What was the biggest problem under chappell they all didnt feel secure about their places under him. 

Find me one interview where a player said we improved coz we were dropped after 2 games

Look at RCB, keep chopping n changing n poor end result . In comparison look at CSk, SRH, MI............they back their players 

Ur many theories are chappell's way n his result were bad 

He failed as an opener and was dropped a slot. He was hitting a slump.

Chappel was right only problem was the culture of hero worship. 

There is no need for these professional athletes to feel secure. They have only one job and that is to perform. as the saying goes there are only two type of players. Players who have been dropped and players who are about to be dropped. that is how professional sports work.

Look at Dhoni. He was a non performer last year and with the threat of karthick he has picked his game. there should be competition for every slot in the game. No one including kohli should feel secure about his slot.

8 minutes ago, Khota said:

We will get to the context.

6 hours is fair enough.  

If someone practises batting for six hours and another person practises bowling for six hours how can someone practising both skill sets for 3 hours be as good as the top line person?

It's not only about number of hours of practice but also about the ability.

Bhuvi and Umesh might practice the same number of hours (in whatever ratio of batting/bowling), but Bhuvi is both a better bowler and better batsman than Umesh.

Manish Pandey and KL Rahul might practice the same number of hours, but Rahul is a better batsman (and also can keep at T20 level) than Manish Pandey in all formats.

Some players (less than one in ten) have ability with both bat and ball and then they practice accordingly. If the team sees value in their combined batting+bowling contribution, they get picked. 

3 hours ago, philcric said:

It's not only about number of hours of practice but also about the ability.

Bhuvi and Umesh might practice the same number of hours (in whatever ratio of batting/bowling), but Bhuvi is both a better bowler and better batsman than Umesh.

Manish Pandey and KL Rahul might practice the same number of hours, but Rahul is a better batsman (and also can keep at T20 level) than Manish Pandey in all formats.

Some players (less than one in ten) have ability with both bat and ball and then they practice accordingly. If the team sees value in their combined batting+bowling contribution, they get picked. 

You compared Bhuvi and Umesh for bowling.

You compared Pandey and rahul for batting.

Do you agree both Bhuvi and Umesh are better bowler than Pandya and rahul is a better bat?

The problem with bits and pieces players is that your trophy hopes are shattered to bits and pieces.