Australia slipping: Jayawardene

Feed

They can think whatever they want and they've made some bold statements.
Look who is talking :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: An Australian:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Now that they do not have a face left, they will take offense from statement. :finger:

There is some truth to it though. OZs were outplayed in the test series and given minimum presence of sight and hearing capabilities of umpires and gray matter in BCCI morons, they'd have been beaten easily. And now Ind B team is matching them in ODIs as well so far, which I thought wouldn't be possible at all.

Guest dada_rocks

I will keep repeating Pontings prolific period coincides with wane in bowleing resources around the world for a reason. .. If Ishant is making him look stupid I can see why Ambrose and Walsh why he averaged 45.. Calibre wise he is Mark waugh type batsman .. too Bad Mark Waugh retired otherwise even he wud have pushed his average to 55+ in last 5-6 years..

Opener Virender Sehwag claimed Australia were "scared" ahead of their loss to India on Sunday, while Sri Lanka captain Mahela Jayawardene said other teams were finally catching up.
There is nothing wrong with what Sehwag has said. Quite simply India is the ONLY team that scares Australia, no matter what the Aussie players say. In the last year we have beaten them in 20/20, LOI and Test...and all of them away as well! No other country has managed to do that. Plus of course much as Indians know they can beat Aussies, similarly Aussies know they can be beaten by Indians. So why wont they be scared? But I am not sure what was Mahela drinking when he made similar statement. Just what the f@ck has Sri Lanka done to scare 'Roos? Getting dismissed for 120 runs :hysterical:
There is nothing wrong with what Sehwag has said. Quite simply India is the ONLY team that scares Australia, no matter what the Aussie players say. In the last year we have beaten them in 20/20, LOI and Test...and all of them away as well! No other country has managed to do that. Plus of course much as Indians know they can beat Aussies, similarly Aussies know they can be beaten by Indians. So why wont they be scared? But I am not sure what was Mahela drinking when he made similar statement. Just what the f@ck has Sri Lanka done to scare 'Roos? Getting dismissed for 120 runs :hysterical:
Quite correct, this is how the results of all the international fixtures played between Ind and Aus in the last 6 months read Played 14 - Aus won - 7, Ind won - 6, NR - 1 We are, by the far, the biggest threat to Aussie dominance.
Quite correct, this is how the results of all the international fixtures played between Ind and Aus in the last 6 months read Played 14 - Aus won - 7, Ind won - 6, NR - 1 We are, by the far, the biggest threat to Aussie dominance.
WOW! Thats impressive. Now why wont Aussies be scared? As the result suggest the numbers are very evenly matched. Not to mention India has been at their throat since 2001 and even earlier.
Guest dada_rocks
Ah, looks like the sharks are back. Australia loses an ODI and suddenly the world is falling apart. It's nothing that hasn't been said over and over in the last 15 years. But from Jayawardene? When was the last time Sri Lanka looked in the same league as Australia? Lucky he can play cricket, because he doesn't seem like the smartest bloke going around.
It's like this Australia gets caned in test cricket so much so they play last test matched scared where moto is not to lose instead of usual win at any cost.. come one day they get caned twice.. I am sure that washed out match was not going to be any different either given how our bowlers were all over them..
WOW! Thats impressive. Now why wont Aussies be scared? As the result suggest the numbers are very evenly matched. Not to mention India has been at their throat since 2001 and even earlier.
Not just the numbers, but the details behind it tell a tale too. Aus has won 2 test matches against us, while we won 1, they have won 4 ODIs against us while we have won 3 and the 20-20 results read 2-1 India. We have challenged them in every format of the game. Anyways, our aim shouldnt stop with being a worth competitor to Aus alone, there is no pride in saying " We challenge Aus the most". We need to start to win consistently over them. A win in this CB series and upcoming test matches in India later this year will signal the start of a new power-center in world cricket.
Anyways' date=' our aim shouldnt stop with being a worth competitor to Aus alone, there is no pride in saying [b']" We challenge Aus the most". We need to start to win consistently over them. A win in this CB series and upcoming test matches in India later this year will signal the start of a new power-center in world cricket.
Indeed. But I will also state that India should now stop looking at Australia to raise its game ONLY. If we are number 2 in the world, and frankly not too far from number 1 atleast as per results, it is high time we kicked some serious a$$. I mean whats the point of beating Aussies and not exactly trampling the likes of Lanka, Pakistan or England? South Africa is fine but every other team should be dealt severely. :D

Australia slipping ? Nah, its more like their competitors are raising their game. I have to be honest here, I havent ever seen a team so professional, so ruthless and so competitive like this Australian team. Its like every cell in the Aussie players' body is designed to win. Their intensity on the field is staggering, and its just not just one or two players, its all of 'em. Rarely have i seen an Aussie bowler go through the motions, or a fielder trudging after the ball casually. Quite simply put, I am at awe at the Australian cricket team, for the professional manner in which they play the game. Of course, I am not in full agreement with their on-field conduct sometimes, but i think they arent any better or worse than most teams. Their behavior gets more attention because they are the world champions.

Guest dada_rocks

They are worse they have singlehandedly brought potty mouthedeness in vogue in world cricket.> just because others once in a while give them back with interest doesn;t condone them for starting it all

Australia slipping ? Nah, its more like their competitors are raising their game. I have to be honest here, I havent ever seen a team so professional, so ruthless and so competitive like this Australian team. Its like every cell in the Aussie players' body is designed to win. Their intensity on the field is staggering, and its just not just one or two players, its all of 'em. Rarely have i seen an Aussie bowler go through the motions, or a fielder trudging after the ball casually. Quite simply put, I am at awe at the Australian cricket team, for the professional manner in which they play the game. Of course, I am not in full agreement with their on-field conduct sometimes, but i think they arent any better or worse than most teams. Their behavior gets more attention because they are the world champions.
Yeah whatever, OTT plaudits. Fact of the matter is this machine you have potrayed would have lost the test series against us if not for cheating umpires. We also whooped them in last odi. So if they are the above what does that make the superior indians? Also you are in awe but thank god the indian players arent and are after there blood!!!
Yeah whatever, OTT plaudits. Fact of the matter is this machine you have potrayed would have lost the test series against us if not for cheating umpires. We also whooped them in last odi. So if they are the above what does that make the superior indians? Also you are in awe but thank god the indian players arent and are after there blood!!!
You have well and truly misunderstood what I have said. When did i claim they are unbeatable ? No, of course they arent, as we have shown right through this summer. But to beat them, you have to be at your best. Besides, being in awe of someone doesnt mean you dont compete with them when you enter the field. I am pretty sure players like Sreesanth watch and observe how the Aussies play their cricket, but once you get on the field, its You vs Me, Your Talent Vs My Talent. Respect for someone doesnt imply deference to them.