Akash Chopra Tweet runs against Zimbabwe

Khota

Akash got this wrong, yeah maybe state of  Zimbabwe cricket isn’t like 20 years ago, but he should question why Zimbabwe put up effectively their B team against a full strength Test and CT winners? 

This Zim side is missing nearly 8-9 of its regular first team players not to mention the ICC WC Qualifier 2018 Man of Series, S Raza

bet you Afg or Bangla would have put out near full strength team vs Pak, even if it was meaninglesss series

5 hours ago, Clarke said:

And that's why averages aren't the be all and end all of cricketing or sporting excellence. Sport in general provides plenty of variance and cricket is among the top of those. There wouldn't be a cricket forum if averages were so absolute. 

If one starts weighted averages, there will be no end to variables; for instance we've seen wind direction make the difference between a six and a catch.

I understand in International matches it is hard to take variance into account. That is why the only stats I agree is IPL. That evens it out upto some extent.

Only thing that should count in cricket is the number of championships and nothing else.

5 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Yes, and while weak opposition can inflate figures, no one gets long career stats just by bullying weak opposition.

Playing weak opposition does impact the career stats too.

4 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Reminds me of this

@Ankit_sharma03

Harbhajan was right. Ashwin count was inflted by overly spin friendly wickets. Kumble and Harbhajan were going against each other but Ashwin had no spinner competition so his count is inflated. Dont forget Ashwin was the worst bowler in CT.