Do you believe in St. Valentine?

coffee_rules

I HATE it. The one day which I will gladly take Shiv Sena's side and smash up those damn Hallmark shops covered in red, pink and white cutsey heartsy crappola *barf*
Aditi, We can hate it. As I said, I dont like it either. But why go into endorsing the stupid SS habit of smashing shops and all that? People are free to celebrate what they want. Some want to buy cardz and giftz - then let them do so. Its their money and time, not ourz.

lol I know its a bit strong but that's just how I feel personally about the day. Eww Anyhoo...Happy love-themed corporate-endorsed merchandising Day to all who do celebrate! :)
Mushy mushy - LOL@below Aditi, update us if u get these giftz from K during work tomorrow or later :P
It's the big game. The Super Bowl of love. You can be a hero if you remember. Forget it, and you could be left out in the cold. So, open your calendar and circle the date. Now, here are a couple of sure-fire strategies that would make even Cupid proud. The traditional game plan will be to go for a Game Day Touchdown. Send flowers, candy, a card, or more, for delivery on Valentine's Day. This strategy can be especially effective for gifts to the workplace, where they can be enjoyed by the recipient -- and envied by others -- during the workweek. But, half the guys in America will have the same brilliant idea. So, play it safe, order the week before. And, remember, there will be a lot of Valentine's gift deliveries that day - some in the morning and others in the afternoon. So, a thoughtful phone call, e-card, or romantic email message in the morning is definitely a great idea, too. Another strategy is the pre-game Romance Blitz. Send her a card a few days early. Treat her to a romantic dinner that night. Place candies on her pillow the second evening. Then, surprise her with flowers the day before Valentine's, so they will be enjoyed more throughout Valentine's Day. The first card might say "I Couldn't Wait Till Valentine's To Say I Love You," or "I Can't Think of Anyone I'd Rather Spend Valentine's Week With Than You." Eat your heart out, Cupid! You don't have to spend a lot. A little creativity and thoughtfulness goes a long way. But, don't wait. Call your florist, make that reservation, or pick up that special gift today. Because, Valentine's only comes once a year. And, you don't want to miss it.

Guest HariSampath
:hysterical::hysterical: man O man. I suppose others didnt catch it. Well in Bihar, and parts of UP, Basant Panchmi(Saraswati Puja) is the day when teens get to mingle. Actually it is the festival for Saraswati, Goddess of learning, and students obviously get together and celebrate. What it means is young boys and girls showing up at school, throwing abeer and gulal and having fun. Good times :D
What ? isnt Saraswathi puja supposed to be Dussera time ?

Guest HariSampath
I HATE it. The one day which I will gladly take Shiv Sena's side and smash up those damn Hallmark shops covered in red, pink and white cutsey heartsy crappola *barf*
why Aditi ? actually there was genuinely a St Valentine who helped a lot of couples marry, when they did not have parental support . I had heard this some years back, and if true, whats wrong in celebrating his day as Lovers' day ??

Kya mamu banaya logon ko. In my kids day-care, we are supposed to give cards and gifts to all classmates (boys and girls). Cards which say 'Be my valentine" or "Happy valentine's day"! Kya ch*tiyapanthi hai yeh! Anyway :finger: and :rose: to St. Valentine revellers! I don't mind it only because I get to drink wine without any 'ghurrna" from the woman.
Its a TIME LOSS day.. Love ur wife 27X7X365 days.

What ? isnt Saraswathi puja supposed to be Dussera time ?
Nope. It is held in February, matter of fact it passed by a couple of days back. On an aside note I dont have anything against St. Valentine's Day. Yes it is a corporate thingy and all but hey we live in a Capitalist society today where we basically selll our services to the highest bidder(who amongst us has not embellished their CV to achieve that?), and so why should the Hallmark be any different?

I dont know what there is to believe in. Is it a religious holiday? I didnt even know that it passed by :D But I do like Mother's Day and Father's day. I dont think there is anything wrong in celebrating those days. I know that some of you'll say that you should do it everyday but when you think like that, you really dont do it. Btw, isnt there like a long weekend almost every month in the states?

Btw, isnt there like a long weekend almost every month in the states?
i wish! answer is no (well there are some like Presidentz day, Good Friday for which not everyone gets holidays!) Who are the lucky dawgs who get this Presidentz day long weekend this Monday?:nervous: Raise ur hand