Do you believe in St. Valentine?

coffee_rules

Kya mamu banaya logon ko. In my kids day-care, we are supposed to give cards and gifts to all classmates (boys and girls). Cards which say 'Be my valentine" or "Happy valentine's day"! Kya ch*tiyapanthi hai yeh! Anyway :finger: and :rose: to St. Valentine revellers! I don't mind it only because I get to drink wine without any 'ghurrna" from the woman.

In my kids day-care, we are supposed to give cards and gifts to all classmates (boys and girls). Cards which say 'Be my valentine" or "Happy valentine's day"! Kya ch*tiyapanthi hai yeh!
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: News like these make me want to marry in a jiffy and have kids....NOT! Seriously Coffee this is funny man, how many cards did you have to buy then?

20 of them (for 2 classes). The elder one is 4' date=' younger one is 2. :haha:[/quote'] This is insane! Even if you want to follow your convictions, they make you buy 20 valentine day cardz...and they also indirectly imbibe that 'importance' of valentine's day in the minds of the kidz, even if parentz dont think much of it? Brilliant! :eyedance: PS: Nothing against ppl who enjoy Valentines day - sure go have a blast if thatz what makez it 'special'. However, why thrust it down the throatz of ppl who may not want to!?

This is insane! Even if you want to follow your convictions, they make you buy 20 valentine day cardz...and they also indirectly imbibe that 'importance' of valentine's day in the minds of the kidz, even if parentz dont think much of it? Brilliant! :eyedance: PS: Nothing against ppl who enjoy Valentines day - sure go have a blast if thatz what makez it 'special'. However, why thrust it down the throatz of ppl who may not want to!?
The operative word is encourage. They encourage parents to do. We suckers fall for it because others also feel the same way and they don't want only their kid to be left out and feel awkward. I guess as adults also we do some things because we don't want to be the odd man out.

My valentine day just passed couple of days back Vasnat-panchami ( saraswati pooja day)
:hysterical::hysterical: man O man. I suppose others didnt catch it. Well in Bihar, and parts of UP, Basant Panchmi(Saraswati Puja) is the day when teens get to mingle. Actually it is the festival for Saraswati, Goddess of learning, and students obviously get together and celebrate. What it means is young boys and girls showing up at school, throwing abeer and gulal and having fun. Good times :D

:hysterical::hysterical: man O man. I suppose others didnt catch it. Well in Bihar, and parts of UP, Basant Panchmi(Saraswati Puja) is the day when teens get to mingle. Actually it is the festival for Saraswati, Goddess of learning, and students obviously get together and celebrate. What it means is young boys and girls showing up at school, throwing abeer and gulal and having fun. Good times :D
Hmm Interesting. On Saraswathi Pooja Day? It doesn't make sense. Why not on Krishnasthami?

Hmm Interesting. On Saraswathi Pooja Day? It doesn't make sense. Why not on Krishnasthami?
Krishnasthami is called Janam-asthmi in Bihar. That day is reserved for Puja-kirtan, specially in the night :(( Saraswati Puja kinda makes sense. Typically events are held in school. The day would be a Holiday. Some sort of pandals would be erected with statue. The whole environment is festive with no parents, often no teacher as well. Guys in white kurta pajama, girls in yellow sarees. Remember the day when you went to school in an attire other than school dress? That itself made one happy, didnt it? :regular_smile:

Guest dada_rocks

Sarson mein phool aane lagta hai vatawaran mein masti hoti hai..perfect time for being lovey-dovey.. Larkiyan bhi kitani pyari pyari lagti hai un pili sariyon mein.. flirtation at its peak.. Loud-speaker se ye gana zarorr bajta hai har pandal mein "Patjhar sawan basatn bahar ak baras mein mausama char mausam char Panchawan mausam pyar , ka intezaar ka........":haha: Our all boys schol used to run in building girl's high school because our school's building had just collapsed.. it was open flirtation season.. one of my freind said once to couple of girls loaded in same rickshaw.. ji chahta hai aapko maan se milwane le chalun shaadi ka khayal aa gaya.. larkiyan khilkhila ke hansne lagi..:haha: good times

Sarson mein phool aane lagta hai vatawaran mein masti hoti hai..perfect time for being lovey-dovey.. Larkiyan bhi kitani pyari pyari lagti hai un pili sariyon mein.. flirtation at its peak.. Loud-speaker se ye gana zarorr bajta hai har pandal mein "Patjhar sawan basatn bahar ak baras mein mausama char mausam char Panchawan mausam pyar , ka intezaar ka........":haha: Our all boys schol used to run in building girl's high school because our school's building had just collapsed.. it was open flirtation season.. one of my freind said once to couple of girls loaded in same rickshaw.. ji chahta hai aapko maan se milwane le chalun shaadi ka khayal aa gaya.. larkiyan khilkhila ke hansne lagi..:haha: good times
WTF :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

The operative word is encourage. They encourage parents to do. We suckers fall for it because others also feel the same way and they don't want only their kid to be left out and feel awkward. I guess as adults also we do some things because we don't want to be the odd man out.
CR, True...