Is Ajit Agarkar done?

Rohan495

Actually, i can only see ONE person wishing for Aggy's return and its the good doc( Dhondy). Most of the rest don't want him back but i can see why the doc would want to see Aggy back again- it will be good business for him, since the event would give (at the very least) me, Salil, Swetabh ,Anakin, Lurker and Predator to have aneurysms and go to the good doc for remedy. :D

Guest HariSampath

The next Agarkar to play for India will be Salil Agarkar Here is his record.... Batting and fielding averages Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 4s 6s Ct St First-class 6 8 1 140 46 20.00 285 49.12 0 0 22 0 1 0 Bowling averages Mat Inns Balls Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 4w 5w 10 First-class 6 8 934 392 11 5/85 7/99 35.63 2.51 84.9 0 1 0

This pains me to say it, but he can theoretically and legitimately make a comeback. With an ODI SR of 32.9, he has certainly had some high peaks in his career. As recently as 2006, he took 31 wickets at 28.83, going for under 5 runs per over, but his poor 2007 was inevitable with a generally unfit approach to the wicket, lack of pace and consequent lack of late swing. If he can suddenly find some sort of superb fitness to crank the pace back up, it may be a great comeback. Remember, India do not have a settled ODI bowling attack. However, all in all, it is not bloody likely that he'd make a comeback. But never say never.