Is Ajit Agarkar done?

Rohan495

As long as the mumbai lobby is alive and kicking ' date='they will keep sneaking in this guy during regular intervals.[/quote'] Ah, beetle's standard one eyed anti-Mumbai diatribes return again. Yes, the Mumbai lobby's only there to bring in Mumbai players unfairly. This of course is why one got dropped several tests after a debut hundred in South Africa on a greentop vs. Allan Donald at his peak and Brett Schultz while averaging 40+, why another got dropped while averaging well over 50 in tests and WAS NEVER PICKED AGAIN, and why a batsman as great as Amol Muzumdar has never yet gotten a shot. At the end of it, Agarkar's ODI record is still respectable, a sub 28 average for nearly 300 wickets is still far more than what most Indian bowlers have achieved in the game. But of course, we all know that the Mumbai mafia is evil and only does bad things for Indian cricket, like sending people like Sachin Tendulkar, Ramesh Powar, Wasim Jaffer, Rohit Sharma and plenty of others to the team. How terrible. Why can't they stop pushing for their players and let a whole load of mediocre never-will-bes from some other states come in instead? Ah well, read enough of this ridiculous anti-Mumbai crap from you. Yay for ignore lists.
Ah, beetle's standard one eyed anti-Mumbai diatribes return again. Yes, the Mumbai lobby's only there to bring in Mumbai players unfairly. This of course is why one got dropped several tests after a debut hundred in South Africa on a greentop vs. Allan Donald at his peak and Brett Schultz while averaging 40+, why another got dropped while averaging well over 50 in tests and WAS NEVER PICKED AGAIN, and why a batsman as great as Amol Muzumdar has never yet gotten a shot. At the end of it, Agarkar's ODI record is still respectable, a sub 28 average for nearly 300 wickets is still far more than what most Indian bowlers have achieved in the game. But of course, we all know that the Mumbai mafia is evil and only does bad things for Indian cricket, like sending people like Sachin Tendulkar, Ramesh Powar, Wasim Jaffer, Rohit Sharma and plenty of others to the team. How terrible. Why can't they stop pushing for their players and let a whole load of mediocre never-will-bes from some other states come in instead? Ah well, read enough of this ridiculous anti-Mumbai crap from you. Yay for ignore lists.
LOL nice reply. Didn't post anything about the usual mumbai lobby cra.p because I'm already on her ignore list :haha::haha:

Chandan, it's very clear. The Mumbai lobby is an evil blackmailing, Bucknor-worshipping, baby-eating, Pope-murdering, Agarkar-pushing entity that exists only to ruin the world. So far they've unleashed the following terrors upon us... Vengsarkar as selector - not great, but has been responsible for fast-tracking talents like Ishant and Rohit, with his major mistakes being the treatment of Sehwag and the love given to Yuvraj and Harbhajan, and some impressive punts like his pick of Karthik to open in England (where he was topscorer for the series) Jaffer as test opener - yeah, more double centuries and tons than most other Indian batsmen since 2006 (when he made his return). A little hit and miss, but more productive than a LOT of Indian openers before him, and it's not like there are too many better players. Tendulkar. Evil I tells ya! EVIL! How dare the Mumbai lobby do such a thing? He's old, selfish, plays for his centuries and should be dropped. Powar - hit and miss, poor in some games but had some outstanding performances and played a good role in helping India win quite a few with the ball Rohit Sharma - obviously not good enough, I mean, he was only holding his nerve in pressure situation and playing one of the best innings in the World T20 against SAF, and then producing some fine knocks against SL recently plus Pakistan/Aus before. Bring back SS Das! Plus the Mumbai lobby's also responsible for third umpire non-referrals, Steve Bucknor, Michael Clarke claiming false catches, the Duckworth-Lewis rule, Niranjan Shah and global warming.

You don't think Agarkar has been a lobby fav all these years? Or that their is a mumbai lobby in the BCCI? That would be naive....
can u name a bowler who would have made it to Indian side and sealed his place?? We had to persist with Agarkar. no one was special..now we are starting to see something good in our line up.... before there wasn't anyone who could really replace and seal his place as a regular bowler for India.
You don't think Agarkar has been a lobby fav all these years? Or that their is a mumbai lobby in the BCCI? That would be naive....
No. Which bowler would you have gone for then? Pathan had lost pace and swing, Zaheer was unfit, RP Singh was not yet ready, Nehra and Balaji were injured. Which bowler do you think was unfairly kept out in Agarkar's favour?

Where did I mention any of the present team player? I just mentioned the mumbai lobby which has given him many more chances than any other bowler from any other region has ever got? The OP is ...is he done? I mentioned that as long as the Mumbai lobby is there he can always make a comeback. Besides what is with your recent hawkish attitude. It is my personal opinion ...you like it ,fine ...you don't ..that's fine too.

Aggy has moved down the pecking order significantly, in recent months. He is below Sreesanth, Ishant, Pathan, Munaf, Zaheer & RPS at the moment. Unless 4 of our pacers are injured simultaneously, i dont see how Aggy can make it to an ODI XI. His ODI stats are misleading. Even though, his average & SR are fairly decent in ODIs (esp for an Indian bowler), he can never be counted up on, on a given day. Besides, his E/R & his poor batting count against him, when his bowling is average. Thankfully, we dont have to endure Aggy anytime in the near future.