BCCI and MRF Pace Academy

Sachinism

i was reading this cricket magazine 2day and there was an article about india's new found pace attack and it said the MRF pace academy was the main reason for the improvement, but TA Sekar says BCCI doesnt allow its bolwers to go to the academy, players need to sneak out to it he said zaheer, sreesanth, rp and irfan have all been going for some years and thats why they have improved but i got thinking, why is BCCI stopping our bowlers from using the facilities. All other cricketing countries are sending their top players to the academy, but BCCI is just doing this out of pity jealousy

The MRF Pace Foundation has shown itself to be brilliant like no amount of books or essays can - by producing a literal conveyor belt of Indian international pacers. Munaf Patel, Zaheer Khan, Sreesanth, Irfan Pathan off the top of my head, are a few. The BCCI are intent on their NCA reigning supreme, but they surely must concede inferiority to TA Sekhar (and Dennis Lillee). I'm not sure about the BCCI banning players from going there, I just thought that they did not endorse it. I'd like to hear more about that. As far as I know, the MRF Pace Foundation always has an open offer to become the BCCI's official academy.

I read somewhere that Ravi Shastri was thinking of includind MRF Pace academy in their NCA so that young seamers could benefit while even the old seamers could go there to check if their technique is fine or if they need change. I don't know how far that talk reached because BCCI was not able to tie up with MRF as sponsor. What what harm it'd do them.

but i got thinking, why is BCCI stopping our bowlers from using the facilities. All other cricketing countries are sending their top players to the academy, but BCCI is just doing this out of pity jealousy
Well, the answer is kinds obvious. At the end of the day, the MRF Pace Foundation is organization which is autonomous of the BCCI, funded by a private party. They dont get any sort of support, money or otherwise from BCCI. BCCI views it essentially as an outsider, who is there is claim some credit and have slice of the popularity pie. The more and more MRF Pace foundation gets claim for its achievements, the harder it is for the BCCI babus and its own set of former-players-turned-coaches to get recognition. And Bear in mind that foreign boards good sums of money to get their promising fast bowlers to travel to India, train at the MRF academy under guys like Sekhar and Lille. BCCI views this like an outsider taking its share of the pie, which is why they actively put stumbling blocks to current players visiting there. And its just a load of BS to say every time a pacer visits the academy, he loses pace and picks up injury later on. MRF-pf is a great asset of Indian cricket, if only the power and publicity hungry bosses at BCCI realize this. The whole crux of the problem is, from the moment we had politicians ( like Sharad Pawar) and Business people ( Dalmiya, AC Muthiah) heading the BCCI, they stopped viewing this a sports body and made it look a like a corporate, commerical organization, whose only aim to make as much money out of it as they can. All sorts of under-table dealings, lobbying, bullying goes on to make sure no one questions the top-brass at BCCI. Votes are bought, state associations are bribed and kinds of sh!t happens. They really dont care whether what they do is for the well being of Indian cricket, all they want is to eek out mega dollar deals with big companies so that they get commission out of it, or put their people in top posts, either inside the board, or in places all over the world, so that they fly executive class, enjoy monthly-board sponsored vacation with families, and go around the world in the name of useless fact-finding committees or delegations. Its all one big mess out there. The irony is, everyone is a criminal, previous set-up, the current one and the one that is going to come after this one. Each one swindles crores of money, with the agreement that as long as everyone gets a fair share of the pie, they wont expose each other. Why do you guys high-profile politicians/ business leaders fall head over heels to get into BCCI board rooms ? Not only do they get tremendous publicity and media space, with cricket being such a crazed following, they also get to have professional/personal contacts with other eminent peoples ( like Shar Rukh Khan and Lalit Modi) and beyond all that, there is lots of money to be made. God Save Indian cricket from these cheap B@stards !

^^ its a shame that BCCI is turning out this way MRF pace academy has proven on numerous occasions, that bowlers that attend it, come out aas improved bowlers, we need to allow our bowlers access to that i think BCCI have their own academy set out, i think in banglore, so that could another reason why they dont want bowlers going elsewhere