Everybody wants to Rule the World

Rajiv

A great example these cricketers are setting for the future generation. We have such instances so frequently these days and the umpires despite knowing let these things happen right under their nose. What would they lose if they referrred these decisions to the third umpire? Wouldn't it help everyone? At least it will reduce such instances and fielders will not claim everything legit if the referral is encouraged.

A great example these cricketers are setting for the future generation. We have such instances so frequently these days and the umpires despite knowing let these things happen right under their nose. What would they lose if they referrred these decisions to the third umpire? Wouldn't it help everyone? At least it will reduce such instances and fielders will not claim everything legit if the referral is encouraged.
Thats exactly where ICC refuses to take action. Bucknor sees Dhoni clearly taking bells off in what is a very close case of stumping. He refuses to refer to the third umpire and just decides to believe that the benefit of doubt must go to an Australian. And ICC refuses to act. I can understand if a umpire gets a judgment wrong.....but simply refusing to refer to the third umpire because they have a huge ego is inexcusable.

What would they lose if they referrred these decisions to the third umpire? Wouldn't it help everyone? At least it will reduce such instances and fielders will not claim everything legit if the referral is encouraged.
How I wish that umpires develop at least this little bit of common sense! I wonder what harm it'd have done to cricket had all these catches been referred to the third umpire! Why are umpires so reluctant to take the help from technology?