During the match thoughts:Advantage India & Review

Feed

During the match thoughts:Advantage India & Review  

1. 1.

• Gambhir's pathetic shot
    • UV's ego shot when India needed less than 6 an over
    • Dhoni's run out (3's a crowd , isn't it )
    • Uthappa's loss of patience

why should that be taken into consideration when picking a batsmen ? bad decisions are part and parcel of the game. What exactly is the point of carrying Raina' date=' tiwary and pankaj kumar if we are not to kick out non-performers in the series. Pretty stupid isn't it.[/quote'] what exactly is the criteria of playing a game of cricket.. when u wanna just give one bloody chance to a player then drop him for life..
what exactly is the criteria of playing a game of cricket.. when u wanna just give one bloody chance to a player then drop him for life..
Did i ever mention drop him for life ? We are at a critical stage in this series now. Non-performers cannot be in the team if we plan to make it to the finals. Strong decisions have to be made now.
Did i ever mention drop him for life ? We are at a critical stage in this series now. Non-performers cannot be in the team if we plan to make it to the finals. Strong decisions have to be made now.
abey bhai.. tujhe ek baat fir nahi samaj aa rahi.. u can't call someone as a non performer by just one bad game in the series..
Guest HariSampath

What about Munaf's atrocious glide to 3rd man to be caught behind ? A player of his caliber should have played more responsibly....and it was HIS wkt that finally sealed India's fate and from the way the Aussies celebrated his wkt we can all see which was a vital wkt they wanted..

There was no one turning point in the game. It was a collective failure of our batsman that lead to this defeat. Turning points usually happen if the team is chasing a 300-odd total, is 171-2 in 30 overs and suddenly, one of the established batsman gets out. If I am hard-pressed to pick out one moment, I would say Yuvraj's dismissal. It was quite clear that Yuvraj-Dhoni pair had to either win it for India or get ourselves within touching distance of the total, given the length of our tail. But, it isnt Yuvraj's fault that he got out. He saw the ball, went for it, hard luck he didnt connect.

maybe old newz - but i hadnt seen it before... Meanwhile, a source close to the Yuvraj Singh family told TOI on Friday, "The two are very close to each other. In two years' time, if things go well, marriage could be on the cards. But right now, both of them are focused on their respective professions." Incidentally, Deepika will be celebrating her 22nd birthday on Saturday, the crucial fourth day of the ongoing second Test match, and the pair is expected to be together for the occasion.

did u term Tendulkarz dismissal against newzeland during 2003 world cup super six game also as "EGO" WHEN HE was hitting fourz
LOL ... surely u cant be serious ... watch that dismissal again. It was short and wide and he played a cut shot and it was heading into the ground at a lighting fast pace. The fielder at point, Oram, took an absolute screamer. LOL ... it wasnt even an uppish shot. mwja8fUro7w Compare that to Yuvraj's wicket, which was also against a short wide one, except it was spinning away from Yuvraj and Yuvi tried to hit, in the air, against the spin to the longest boundary on the field, when a fielder was in the deep for that shot. GRkwn96IiII Seriously, unbiasedly tell me which one you think was the more reckless shot?

bharat, u didn't get wat i was talkin about.... if u see we had alredy lost a wicket there.. and tendulkar was batting well and then he was lookin in good form.. now what i am saying is that after hitting couple of boundariez, he went for a shot again and found a fielder.... here i am not saying tendulkar shoudn't have played a shot.. he was in good knick and sadly he found a fiedler there.. same thing in Yuviz case.. itz just that shot was different.. it wasn't any ugly shot from yuvi either.. he was in good knick that time and was hitting the ball really well too just like how sachin was hitting well in that wc game against nz..

I get your point but UV shouldnt have gone for that shot .. we needed less than 5 an over .. :devil_smile: I cant get UV's shot out of my head :devil_smile:
A bad ball is a bad ball. Were you complaining when he landed the six into the stands ? I am sure you went " What a shot !"
The ball was too wide of off stump and turning away to play that shot - it was poor shot selection no matter how one tried to justify it.
It was a flipper, which is why he couldnt get into position to cut it and the only attacking shot he could play was the pull. Yuvraj realized it was a flipper and a rank long-hop and had to go for it. No one can question his shot selection, but his shot execution left a lot to be desired. It would be incredibly harsh to single out Yuvraj for criticism. Rohit played a expansive cover-drive when he had hardly faced 4-5 balls, GG played airy-fairy cut despite a gully in being place, and Uthappa's shot wasnt too smart either.
bharat' date=' u didn't get wat i was talkin about.... if u see we had alredy lost a wicket there.. and tendulkar was batting well and then he was lookin in good form.. now what i am saying is that after hitting couple of boundariez, he went for a shot again and found a fielder.... here i am not saying tendulkar shoudn't have played a shot.. [b']he was in good knick and sadly he found a fiedler there.. same thing in Yuviz case.. itz just that shot was different.. it wasn't any ugly shot from yuvi either.. he was in good knick that time and was hitting the ball really well too just like how sachin was hitting well in that wc game against nz..
Yuvraj's wasn't an ugly shot ... OK I need to ask you what you define as an ugly shot, since you dont define a lofted pull accross the line, against the spin to a delivery a foot outside off and spinning away, when a fielder has been placed in the deep for that shot, as being an ugly shot. Hardly an elegant shot. The difference was that if Sachin had that ball over again, I am pretty sure he would play the same shot, except just place it better. I doubt that Yuvraj will play the lofted pull against the spin again to a leg spinner, 1 foot outside off, with a fielder in the deep. I know he was hitting boundaries and looking in good nick again, but thats my point, he threw it away with a reckless shot, whereas I wouldn't call Sachin's shot reckless.
Yuvraj's wasn't an ugly shot ... OK I need to ask you what you define as an ugly shot, since you dont define a lofted pull accross the line, against the spin to a delivery a foot outside off and spinning away, when a fielder has been placed in the deep for that shot, as being an ugly shot. Hardly an elegant shot. The difference was that if Sachin had that ball over again, I am pretty sure he would play the same shot, except just place it better. I doubt that Yuvraj will play the lofted pull against the spin again to a leg spinner, 1 foot outside off, with a fielder in the deep. I know he was hitting boundaries and looking in good nick again, but thats my point, he threw it away with a reckless shot, whereas I wouldn't call Sachin's shot reckless.
Who? YS? Yes he will play such reckless shot (given match situation) again. He is like that wonly! U would hope he can exercise restraint! But hope is what it is.
same here. I was NOT thrilled with the YS six - i knew that was not needed' date=' and i knew he was gonna follow it up quite soon with a false shot.[/quote'] you know everything. you are THE god-like figure on ICF aren't you :finger: :P