Tendulkar failed again

Guest whineleg

I'm not that bothered for the end result Bharat. I think our young guns haven't disgraced themselves here. It is the exposure which I want for them. And if Sachin is looking tired, he will not contribute much--neither in field nor with the bat. Isn't it better to rest a tired player and give chance to an energetic fellow who has everything to gain from every outing? Can I ask what is your sorce of information? And RD's resting was not different situation. Sachin is tired and he has nothing to give to the team as Dravid didn't have any then. So I'll be very interested in knowing your source who gave you this news. If it is another of your wild imaginations..then.. I don't have to say much to you.
Whatz this hang up with "Gimme URL, source" that you have...thiz is not a wild imagination. Thiz is a reasonable explanation of what may be happening. Not everything is going to be written in Ananda Bazzar Patrika!

What is Anand Bazaar Patrika? And you call this a reasonable explanation? Where is the reason in this? Could you please show me? Tell me any instance when a player was not/cannot be dropped/rested by the captain? I wonder where you get thes reasons from!! If Dhoni could demand the exclusion of players like Dravid and Ganguly and got this done, why can't he rest Sachin? You ask me to call that assumption by yours a "reasonable explanation"? Sorry, but there is absolutely no reason in that.

Like every other batsman, Sachin is entitled to his fair share of failures. But I am certain he would be, personally, terribly disappointed that he couldnt do it for Ind yesterday. The batting order revolves around Sachin, Yuvraj and Dhoni. If 2 of this 3 fail, it will be really hard for us to win that match. If I were Dhoni, I would somehow summon the courage, walk upto SRT and demand that he scores atleast one century in the next 2 matches.

Guest HariSampath
Like every other batsman, Sachin is entitled to his fair share of failures. But I am certain he would be, personally, terribly disappointed that he couldnt do it for Ind yesterday. The batting order revolves around Sachin, Yuvraj and Dhoni. If 2 of this 3 fail, it will be really hard for us to win that match. If I were Dhoni, I would somehow summon the courage, walk upto SRT and demand that he scores atleast one century in the next 2 matches.
I am absolutely with you Sriram, guess what....eventhough Sachin is a known failure against Aus in Aus when playing ODIs there, we were all hoping, the superstar will help us thru 200....IF 3 of top 4 are weak bullies....what else u expect.....and in some ways..if we condemn Indian batters as a whole, surely...Sachin, by virtue of being a world class best batter / #1 in India who has yet again failed in ODIs down under, should share a major part of blame...
Guest whineleg
no whineleg.. tendulkar didn't fail.. itz u who failed.. don't ever create a match thread now..
folkz like u need to be more mature and not blame me... it's not me who ran away from the game and failed to make runz when the team needed it..... I only created the match thread to discuss the game and Tendulkar again didn't show up.... typical....
Guest whineleg

But what about the op of Tendulkar running away when the team needed him? I think this is a Mumbai thing. All the Mumbai lobby does is push players into the team who run away when India needs them. Tendulkar got a big life from Hayden and Gilchrist with a missed catch and then still got out the same over. Rohit played a stupid shot and then ran Dhoni out. Both need to be left out of the next game to be taught a lesson. I think we need Raina and Tiwari to get a chance.

I am absolutely with you Sriram' date=' guess what....eventhough Sachin is a known failure against Aus in Aus when playing ODIs there, we were all hoping, the superstar will help us thru 200....IF 3 of top 4 are weak bullies....what else u expect.....and in some ways..if we condemn Indian batters as a whole, surely...Sachin, by virtue of being a world class best batter / #1 in India who has yet again failed in ODIs down under, should share a major part of blame...[/quote'] hari, Tendulkar made a solid 44 in the melbourne chase, and without it we would have lost the game. A failure against Aus in Melbourne by hit wicket, which is unlucky, and unlucky again here due to a bad decision. I don't understand how he can be blamed when he was given LBW to a ball sailing over the stumps!
Guest HariSampath
hari, Tendulkar made a solid 44 in the melbourne chase, and without it we would have lost the game. A failure against Aus in Melbourne by hit wicket, which is unlucky, and unlucky again here due to a bad decision. I don't understand how he can be blamed when he was given LBW to a ball sailing over the stumps!
By Sachin's standards, one single 40 is hardly anything. when we talk of someone of sachin's level helping a side win it means getting 100 chasing 260 or getting 80 odd chasing 200. I doubt I would call a hitwkt as unlucky, although it is not a planned bowler's dismissal. A batter has to know where his stumps are and how much his foot can move, and if he makes that mistake, well yes, he is out hit wkt. And as to yesterday's lbw, yes, the ball did seem to go a couple of inches above the stumps, but I can hardly term it as a shocker. Going by lBWs earlier, this was almost correct, and he was hit on the knee roll. Seen live, I too got the instant impression he was plumb in front, and as Gavaskar says, the hawkeye is hardly reliable when it comes to height because it shows different heights for deliveries pitched on the same spot in the same over. This was hardly a case for sachin to consider himself terribly unlucky, as perhaps like edging ball to pads, or being given out when not edging to keeper etc, and also keep in mind Sachin has had more than his share of luck in Aus now, and also has been given a couple of bad decisions, it evens out. In this inngs too, he was hardly looking good, and was lucky to survive 4 balls in that over, with even a catch being missed. He has to start doing bigger things for India in this series, and surely every batter is judged by his own standards, and if we blame Rohit, Yuvraj and others, Sachin too has to be blamed by proportional standards.
Guest HariSampath
I am not a Tendulkar hater... I am just very neutral and balanced in my views and accept the good with the bad.
At ICF, neutral and balanced = Tendulkar hater :D
By Sachin's standards' date=' one single 40 is hardly anything. when we talk of someone of sachin's level helping a side win it means getting 100 chasing 260 or getting 80 odd chasing 200. I doubt I would call a hitwkt as unlucky, although it is not a planned bowler's dismissal. A batter has to know where his stumps are and how much his foot can move, and if he makes that mistake, well yes, he is out hit wkt. And as to yesterday's lbw, yes, the ball did seem to go a couple of inches above the stumps, but I can hardly term it as a shocker. Going by lBWs earlier, this was almost correct, and he was hit on the knee roll. Seen live, I too got the instant impression he was plumb in front, and as Gavaskar says, the hawkeye is hardly reliable when it comes to height because it shows different heights for deliveries pitched on the same spot in the same over. This was hardly a case for sachin to consider himself terribly unlucky, as perhaps like edging ball to pads, or being given out when not edging to keeper etc, and also keep in mind Sachin has had more than his share of luck in Aus now, and also has been given a couple of bad decisions, it evens out. In this inngs too, he was hardly looking good, and was lucky to survive 4 balls in that over, with even a catch being missed. He has to start doing bigger things for India in this series, and surely every batter is judged by his own standards, and if we blame Rohit, Yuvraj and others, Sachin too has to be blamed by proportional standards.[/quote'] yaar the plain and simple way to confront this arguement is that when it's not out, it's not out. My initial impression was that it was going over the stumps and down legside. So it's quite shocking when people criticize him for not guiding india through when he was sawn off. Close call or not, it was not out. I agree that he has underperformed in the one day series but the big knock is right around the corner. He's going to turn that record in Australia right around.