balance of youth and experience

mhr123

Do u agree with what Punter said Yesterday "I guess a good balance of youth and experience is always welcome. In our teams, we try to have experience in important positions. This India hasn't got. They have a lot of talented youngsters but they are in a rebuilding phase as they would be in Tests soon". I agree with it .. atleast we needed VVS or RD in the middle.

This is Ponting's pathetic attempt at mind games ... before the Future Cup in 2007 he said that he felt the 3 seniors may be a liability for India, now with 2 of them gone he says that we now lack experience. My view: This is Ponting scared ... he knows atm India's bowling and fielding is top notch and all they need now is for their batting to click and they can run down Australia. Ponting wants India to start fiddling around with their team, and upset the balance. Give these young guys some time, and they'll form a strong team, and Ponting knows it. Ponting was never good at the mind games. You need an ounce of intelligence to be able to play those well, which Punter most definitely doesnt have.

he looks like an idiot duffer :haha:
Oh the wit! Nah, seriously, I'd be interested in hearing why bharat297 thinks Ricky lacks 'an ounce of intelligence', and I also look forward to hearing from bharat297 when he's captaining the most successful cricket team of the modern era.
What makes you say that Ricky isn't intelligent?
Well his behaviour over the course of his career suggests a lack of intelligence (or maybe its just a lack of decency). I cant remember all of it but it includes things such as - nightclub fights - harassing women - his quite doltish use of the "spirit of cricket" defence for his team's behaviour over the past 5 years or so - his abusive tirades at opposition players. - his reaction to umpires disciplining his players for on-field offences (e.g. having too many fielders outside the inner circle) - his disrespectful behaviour towards legends of the game (both Australian and non-Australian) and officials - his lame attempts at mind games which turn in to nothing more than veiled insults Now whether this is due to a lack of decency or lack of intelligence, I am not sure. However, an intelligent person would realise that behaviour like this makes you look imbecilic, and idiotic. Yet Ponting refuses to acknowledge this, and feels his behaviour has been good. Compare this to other captains such as Kumble, Vettori, Vaughan, Mark Taylor, etc. These people all strike me as a more intelligent group of people, and have a look at their behaviour compared to Ponting. A person's behaviour says a lot about their values, their morals and their intelligence. I have noticed you have been defending the Australians in quite a few threads now, and I am not sure why (Its ok though , as it restores the balance a bit).
Well his behaviour over the course of his career suggests a lack of intelligence (or maybe its just a lack of decency). I cant remember all of it but it includes things such as - nightclub fights - harassing women - his quite doltish use of the "spirit of cricket" defence for his team's behaviour over the past 5 years or so - his abusive tirades at opposition players. - his reaction to umpires disciplining his players for on-field offences (e.g. having too many fielders outside the inner circle) - his disrespectful behaviour towards legends of the game (both Australian and non-Australian) and officials - his lame attempts at mind games which turn in to nothing more than veiled insults Now whether this is due to a lack of decency or lack of intelligence, I am not sure. However, an intelligent person would realise that behaviour like this makes you look imbecilic, and idiotic. Yet Ponting refuses to acknowledge this, and feels his behaviour has been good. Compare this to other captains such as Kumble, Vettori, Vaughan, Mark Taylor, etc. These people all strike me as a more intelligent group of people, and have a look at their behaviour compared to Ponting. A person's behaviour says a lot about their values, their morals and their intelligence.
I agree that Ponting's behaviour is not as good as those who you mention above, and I will not try to justify otherwise. However, I think it is a big call to say that he has no intelligence because of it. If you choose to define 'intelligence' based upon behaviour then maybe he would not be as intelligent as the others... that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. However, your statement was that Punter doesn't have an ounce of intelligence, and this is fundamentally flawed. Personally I think Ricky does a great job. He plays hard and captains hard. I have no problem with him and others sledging (as every single team does it) and I feel it does not reflect badly on him (provided that is not personal nor racial). It's all part of the tactics, and it seems to have worked as many other teams are not as mentally tough and succumb to the pressure. International cricket is a tough game! If you can't handle it, go back to park cricket. If Ricky is overstepping the mark and is casting the game in such a bad light, why don't the umpires and the ICC have the balls to intervene? More shame on them for not taking a stand if things really are perceived to be that bad. I must ask... would you rather have a captain with a big of rougue in him and have the most dominant team of the modern era... or have a 100% angelic captain and a team who are perpetual bridesmaids (apart from in the 'hit and giggle' T20 format)? I know my answer:wink_smile:
I have noticed you have been defending the Australians in quite a few threads now, and I am not sure why (Its ok though , as it restores the balance a bit).
People need to see the other side of the story sometimes. There is an incredible amount of bias and fanaticism on this forum, which is a shame. It is one thing to support your national team. However, to do so blindly and without any regard for common sense and decency is very sad. And before one of you start harping on about the 'decency' of Australian players (which seems to be the popular thing to do) I'm talking about the decency of YOU GUYS! There is often some very good discussion here, whilst the remainder of the time the topic seems to be nothing but attacks, insults, hatred and racism towards the Australian team!
People need to see the other side of the story sometimes. There is an incredible amount of bias and fanaticism on this forum, which is a shame. It is one thing to support your national team. However, to do so blindly and without any regard for common sense and decency is very sad. And before one of you start harping on about the 'decency' of Australian players (which seems to be the popular thing to do) I'm talking about the decency of YOU GUYS! There is often some very good discussion here, whilst the remainder of the time the topic seems to be nothing but attacks, insults, hatred and racism towards the Australian team!
Pete, most of it is banter. Considering Ind-Aus are big rivals and have had a fractious past, cricket wise, what do you expect on an Indian site anyway? Rose petals and unabashed love? Aussies are known for being thick skinned and if anyone can take it, it's you guys. I agree that sometimes people go OTT with the convicts routine but Indian fans are known to be very sentimental towards their beloved team and cannot take any underhanded treatment meted out to their team. And you've got to admit, Sydney and the Harbhajan-Symonds affair left a very bad taste in the mouth.
It's all part of the tactics, and it seems to have worked as many other teams are not as mentally tough and succumb to the pressure. International cricket is a tough game! If you can't handle it, go back to park cricket.
I find it hard to fathom this logic. I don't see players sledging their opponents in sports like Tennis, Chess, Golf. What's so great about sledging that it has to be part of international sport?
People need to see the other side of the story sometimes. There is an incredible amount of bias and fanaticism on this forum' date= which is a shame. It is one thing to support your national team. However, to do so blindly and without any regard for common sense and decency is very sad. And before one of you start harping on about the 'decency' of Australian players (which seems to be the popular thing to do) I'm talking about the decency of YOU GUYS! There is often some very good discussion here, whilst the remainder of the time the topic seems to be nothing but attacks, insults, hatred and racism towards the Australian team!
:hysterical: ... I find it a bit strange that you expected anything different, given that this is INDIANCRICKETFANS. Seriously, fanatacism was expected. How can you be suprised by that? Why don't you have a look at any forums of other cricket nations' fans and see how "fair and balanced" their point of view is? Or better yet, simply look at any forum, anywhere around the world and see how "fair and balanced" it is. I have yet to see a forum that does not contain an incredible amount of bias. Thats what happens in forums.
It's all part of the tactics, and it seems to have worked as many other teams are not as mentally tough and succumb to the pressure. International cricket is a tough game! If you can't handle it, go back to park cricket.
Thats interesting! As it is the Australian team that have complained about on field behaviour more that the Indian team. Also, with the exception of the Sydney Test (in which umpiring made a huge difference), the ledger is even this series. I wouldn't say Ponting's tactics are working.