PCB is stupid and unprofessional, says former Pakistan fielding coach Steve Rixon

Switchblade

39 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Football is expanding - so is Basketball.
Cricket is more and more being categorised into one of the cringier aspects of South Asian Lifestyle.
Even Upper class Indians find the sport uncool

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

This Football Wc was the most boring ever,no trp either

Basket ball maybe ,thats another thing ,i believe people are going away from sports,it has more become a money accumulating affair rather than passion itself..

People have other options to bust off their spare time..

Yes cricket is declining at faster rate than other sports ,more to do with moronic icc at helm

This Football Wc was the most boring ever,no trp either
Basket ball maybe ,thats another thing ,i believe people are going away from sports,it has more become a money accumulating affair rather than passion itself..
People have other options to bust off their spare time..
Yes cricket is declining at faster rate than other sports ,more to do with moronic icc at helm

A lot of people actually followed FIFA WC this time round because of the timing.

But yes-sports is not fun anymore
Everything has become a Competitive circle jerk where every kid is forced to win and everyone of above average ability is being pushed towards professional sports without them being given a choice.
It is not a passion - rather I would term it A Glamorous Version of slavery where the kid is indoctrinated in the name of passion and fame from an early age.
Man, I was pretty much horrified reading about how Prithvi Shaw's Papa groomed him to become a cricketer from the age of 3.

Also the newer players are cookie cutter and don't evoke the same emotion than old players did.
Football is growing because there are more people who are wanting to follow it -cricket is declining because it is not a parameter for social climbing anymore, at least in White countries and increasingly in India
Indians have also got another parallel outlet to vent out their patriotism- so I believe they don't need cricket anymore.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Disappointing that Scotland's Head Coach Grant Bradburn has left Cricket Scotland to replace Rixon but not surprising .

When you beat 4 test nations in a year and have 3 guaranteed International games against Test nations in next 5 years and Ireland now guaranteed 52 you say to yourself what's the point . 

Can't help thinking he is wasted by accepting a backroom position in the Pakistan set up .

7 hours ago, Switchblade said:

Infighting grouping fixing poor management of Pcb their media have played a major role in that in fact they started going downhill after 2002 Australia tour when they were unhappy with Waqar as skipper during Inzi’s time they were decent but became mediocre during Malik’s captaincy and their comedian chairman Ijaz Butt.

Wasim played a lot of politics too. I think all of that led to the eventual downfall of the whole team.

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

Wasim played a lot of politics too. I think all of that led to the eventual downfall of the whole team.

Yes when he was let go off fixing charges he was upset with Waqar as captain and during the 2003 WC it was two groups Wasim and Waqar with Inzi as mediator between the two as he used to convey message for both of them and Akhtar was indisciplined and primadona of unmatched proportions.