IPL team: Rajasthan Royals

Feed

Happy we won without some big stars: Warne Jaipur, April 22: Rajasthan Royals captain Shane Warne today said his inexperienced side's comfortable victory over a star-studded Kings XI Punjab tonight was all the more heartening that they did it without some class players who are joining the team soon. "We really a young side and disappointed by the loss in Delhi. We had wanted to prove we can beat any side. So, I am really happy to play like this and win against a strong side," Warne after his team's six-wicket victory over Kings XI Punjab. "Graeme Smith and Morne Morkel are joining soon and Dmitri Mascarenhas later on. Graeme is a class player, a solid and experienced player at the top order. We have a lot to benefit from him. So, I am happy we won without them, things are looking up for us," the Australian, who is also the coach of the team, said. "For the last seven days, we have been trying to gel among ourselves and I think it is going to get better from now on. "Munaf (Patel) bowled the first overs well. Youngsters like (Ravindra) Jadeja played well, I am happy with their efforts," said Warne, who also showed glimpses of his magic with a 3 for 19 performance to restrict the Punjab side to 166 for 8. Warne's opposite number Yuvraj Singh rued that his side did not put up a bigger score. "We had a good start but lost the way later on. We did not have enough total on board. Then Shane Watson took the game away from us," said a disappointed Yuvraj. "We have to be positive and believe in ourselves. We have a good side, the only thing is that we are not clicking together. I want to start winning and keep on the momentum," Yuvraj said. When asked how he was enjoying captaining the side, the India ODI vice-captain said he was finding it hard at the moment as his team was not winning. "We are not winning, so it's hard to be a captain," he said. Man of the match Shane Watson credited the win to team effort. "We have a young side but as Warnie had said we were disappointed after losing in Delhi. We really worked hard and won today. I am happy that I am hitting the ball well and helping the side win," he said. Watson added the pitch was to his liking as it has "bit of pace and bounce" like the ones in Australia. "I have been trying to adjust to the conditions. This wicket is nearly similar to those in Australia, so I think I am doing better because of this," he said. Young Ravindra Jadeja, who contributed a valuable 25-ball 36, said he remained positive throughout the innings despite facing the likes of Brett Lee and Sreesanth and that paid off. "I was in the positive frame of mind. It was great experience to face Lee and Sreesanth, but I stayed positive and I am happy I scored against them," he said. "When I went out to bat I thought I would score ones and twos and keep the strike rotating. Warne told me to remain till the end," said the young all-rounder who played a big part in India's Under 19 World Cup triumph. Source : Sahara Samay

Their team looks like it will be one of the least affected sides coz of the ICC FTP. In fact, only Shane Watson seems possible to leave for international duty and even that is remote. Watch this team, they seem to have a good combination going, somehow.

Their team looks like it will be one of the least affected sides coz of the ICC FTP. In fact, only Shane Watson seems possible to leave for international duty and even that is remote. Watch this team, they seem to have a good combination going, somehow.
even Banglore will not suffer...as Nathan Bracken is the only australian...yeah..that White chap as well.. But Cameroon White is not a centrally contracted player..so he will be available till the end of IPL.. Kolkatta, Chennai and Punjab will suffer the most.. More so...Punjab and Chennai..

Despite all his antics, showmanship and indiscipline, you really gotto love Warne. I havent seen a more competitive cricketer than Warney. That disdainful look on his face, when Afridi 'tried' to 'sledge' him was menacing. At 38, nearly a year and a half after his international retirement, he still hasnt lost it.

Warne is clearly a very good captain who can rally his troops well. I am loving the underdog nature of the team but think that the team needs some refining in selection. For example, Dinesh Salunke is nowhere near good enough to play for any IPL team and could be replaced by a batsman, with Ravindra Jadeja bowling the very few overs that would be lost.

YKP is not looking comfortable' date=' he needs to deliver some good innings for RR. Also, Kaifu should join some club to learn to play T20. These two seem to be the weak players for RR.[/quote']
chased down 2nd highest total today. Finally beastly Pathan was unleashed, fastest fifty, take that
Yahoo! atlast, he repeated the game which he began in the grand finale of T20 WC in RSA.
This team has an amazing spirit and the players have come together really well. Yusuf Pathan jumping on Warne after winning was a great moment! :two_thumbs_up:
Yusuf did the same in T20 WC with IKP and other team-mates.
Today he scored 34 very important runs off 16 balls.
Kaifu, well done beta lest you would have been kicked out from next game onwards...

Smith was a welcome addition to the team and with Mascarenhas joining shortly Jaipur Royals look a top notch team that has good mix of youth and terrific experience. Jaipur is now my second favorites in IPL behind Bangalore.

Mascarenhas could return for more Here's the latest news from the IPL. More... IPL monitor: Round-up of the day's news Mascarenhas could return for more Cricinfo staff April 26, 2008 More for Mascarenhas? Dimitri Mascarenhas may return to the IPL for a second spell with the Rajasthan Royals at the end of May, according to Hampshire chairman Rod Bransgrove. Mascarenhas, who will be available to play from May 12 to 26, could come back if Rajasthan qualify for the semi-finals. "We'll wait and see what the Royals do in the IPL and where we're at before that's discussed." Bransgrove told the Southern Daily Echo. "Things have worked out very well between us so far, they've been decent people to deal with." Rajasthan are chasing a third successive win in Bangalore today.

Younis not playing in IPL due to 'personal reasons' Younis Khan, who was scheduled to join the Rajasthan Royals after the series against Bangladesh, has decided to stay back in Pakistan due to "personal reasons". More... Indian Premier League Younis not playing in IPL due to 'personal reasons' Cricinfo staff April 26, 2008 324670.jpgYounis Khan is reportedly upset over the manner in which the Pakistan board allowed the ICC's ACU interview without informing him. © Getty Images Younis Khan, who was scheduled to join the Rajasthan Royals after the series against Bangladesh, has decided to stay back in Pakistan due to "personal reasons", according to Darren Berry, the Director of Coaching of the Royals. "He told us that if we need him, he would fly any time but for now, he has some personal issues to settle and is staying back. We respect his decision." It was rumoured that Younis, who withdrew from the Pakistan squad after the first two games of the five-match ODI series against Bangladesh, was in an unhappy state of mind and was even thinking about retiring from one-day cricket. Eventually, Younis came back to play the last game of the series. The reports had suggested that Younis was upset over the manner in which the Pakistan board allowed the officials from ICC's Anti Corruption Unit (ACU) to question him without informing him before the first one-day international in Lahore. "He does not want to play as he is still upset that the board did not inform him properly that he was going to questioned by an ACU official regarding his friendship with an Indian national on the tour of India six months back," a report in PTI, quoting sources, had said.

bump Here we come, another clinical performance. Not sure if we are losing Shane Watson? Was he selected for ODI squad? We got great team going, Shane Warne needs to use Jadeja as second spinner. Dude bowled well in u19 world cup