Saint Gilly is a cheat

Completely different. The verdict was not proven - as it should have been in the first instance. That's different from proven innocence. And no-one is calling Bhaji a cheat - unlike this messageboard where this vile accusation is thrown around like confetti at a wedding by immature people when no cheating is ever proven. Seems like as usual one standard for the Indians and one for everyone else.
The verdict was not proven because there was NO proof . I would like to know your definition of "proven innocence". Regarding cheating, there is enough video footage of bump catches, of course we never went to a legal court with it:haha:
Seriously, do you know law? The burden of Proof is on those who lay the charges. And the someone is not guilty until proven. And you are damn wrong to say "as it should have been in the first instance" - now go consult some lawyers mate, this time ask the aussie lawyers....:hysterical: You a lawyer.... serious?
Of course I know the law. People are considered innocent until proven guilty - however what people are claiming here ' that he was proven to be innocent' or 'found innocent. That' is not quite the same as found 'not guilty'. He is considered nnocent but not 'found innocent'. When I said 'as it should have been in the first instance' I mean Proctor should never have found him guilty.
Disgraceful appeal against sachin by gilly of the bowling of hogg. Ball was miles down leg and did not touch anything. Gilly goes up as if obvious nick in attempt to get the master out and try to prevent wide. Classic example of the hypocritical gilly and his cheating ways!
what about Clarke's dismassal? is Dhoni a cheat for appealing when the ball hit his pad?
Of course I know the law. People are considered innocent until proven guilty - however what people are claiming here ' that he was proven to be innocent' or 'found innocent. That' is not quite the same as found 'not guilty'. He is considered nnocent but not 'found innocent'. When I said 'as it should have been in the first instance' I mean Proctor should never have found him guilty.
I am afraid Judge Hansen doesn't seem to agree, in Bhajji verdict he quotes a Judgement: .....In summary, if, after careful and impartial consideration of the evidence, you are sure that the accused is guilty you must find him or her guilty. On the other hand, if you are not sure that the accused is guilty, you must find him or her not guilty.[2] [2] R v Wanhalla [2007] 2 NZLR 573 I must agree I am not an expert in law, but this is what Hansen says.
right so when it's an Indian he gets the benefit of the doubt but when it's an aussie he's 'a cheat' you guys really need to open the other eye
you seriously need to see both the appeals before seeing whether the benefit of doubt can be given, you can't start to dish out benefit of doubts because some one from another nationality gets it. Its you who has to open the other eye.
you seriously need to see both the appeals before seeing whether the benefit of doubt can be given' date=' you can't start to dish out benefit of doubts because some one from another nationality gets it. Its you who has to open the other eye.[/quote'] :haha::haha: right on mate.. whatever you think.
I am afraid Judge Hansen doesn't seem to agree, in Bhajji verdict he quotes a Judgement: .....In summary, if, after careful and impartial consideration of the evidence, you are sure that the accused is guilty you must find him or her guilty. On the other hand, if you are not sure that the accused is guilty, you must find him or her not guilty.[2] [2] R v Wanhalla [2007] 2 NZLR 573 I must agree I am not an expert in law, but this is what Hansen says.
Um Judge Hansen is agreeing exactly with what I said - fund 'not guilty' is correct. That is not the same as 'proven innocent' or ' found innocent'

Hopefully, everyone here plays cricket......I certainly still do.....my team appeals for everything close (within obvious reason), if you can sneak a wicket ot two this way good luck....if you don't appeal it can't be given out! Besides, I have enough crap decisions against me it is part and parcel of playing cricket. Bad decisions give us somethig to talk about, this thread proves my point exactly

No appreciation for my comment :((:((.. I respect him too and btw I think all the aussie cricketers were very well respected in India for their hard work ' date=' the never say die approach and excellent skills.[/quote'] sorry mate never saw your comment .. and yeah i agree, same goes over here with superstars like Sachin, Kumble etc, you can see the respect that the aussie fans give to real greats (in personality as well as skills) of the game every time they've stepped out on the field. We have a great appreciation for what they have done over the years and the spirit in which they have done it..
what about Clarke's dismassal? is Dhoni a cheat for appealing when the ball hit his pad?
Dhoni does not claim to be a saint. Gilly trys to potray himself as a sportsman who walks and plays the game in the right spirit. When quite frankly he is as big a cheat as any other. Its his hypocricy which is the issue!

Gilly's act when he appealed to save a wide was not an act of a saint, but it does not make him a cheat either. Many other cricketers do it and its not necessarily bad. Gilly is no saint, he is no cheat. Walking is his choice....and so is appealing.