Harbhajan called "obnoxious little weed"

Feed

I can see where you are coming from. But Hayden was ultimately reprimanded by CA, not the ICC. I would find it hard to believe that the BCCI had neither heard of this incedent, yet they took no action against Sreesanth.
DOn't be surprised the guys at BCCI don't even know to check their mails..... :hysterical::hysterical:
Anyway, I have no real problem with what both players said. Should they have said it? No. But in the end of the day, when both comments are put in context, who cares? My only problem lies with the some people who abuse Hayden, yet turn a blind eye to what one of their own players has previosuly said.
Then, what do these statements mean:
No, two wrongs don't make a right. But my point is that following these ramarks from Sreesanth, Australians did not carry on like whingers as the Indians have done following Hayden's comments. Instead, Indians talk of bias and racism at the ICC, and how Hayden should be punished, yet they cannot, or choose not to, see the very same problems amongst their own players.

16str8, The way I see it, it is the Aussies that are the whingers. They are even doing it in public...not just on the field...carrying on and on about how obnoxious Harbhajan is...when frankly, he is paying them back in the same coin as he has been given. The complaint from the Indians is that they aren't being treated even handedly...they give back when sledged but seem to get the short stick when it comes to officialdom or the press...double standards is what they are complaining against. Level the playing field. Take as well as you give (and don't run to the ump on technicalities) if you want to play that game or cut it out. Simple as that.

So you have no problem with one of your own players (Sreesanth) calling the Australians "SH1T" after just one test loss (Perth)' date=' yet you take offence at this?[/quote'] I answered this question of yours yesterday itself in another thread called "The low levels of morality in cricket and sports " and did not get any response from you. Don't you read posts which are directed to you?
There's a minority of racist people in all countries including Australia. I myself have been racially abused by other ethnic groups in my own country. The visibility of racism is obviously higher in a multi cultural society such as ours. Some people come to live in Australia purely for financial purposes and really despise our people and country and have no intention of any sort of assimilation. Their attitudes are just as devisive as racist Aussies and this further fuels racial divisions. This is not an excuse for racism but an acknowledgement that it can be exposed and even fueled by multiculturalism. Fortunaltely the majority of migrants do make a positive contribution and do slowly embrace the culture of their new home. I would expect that in a couple of generations from now Australian society will be different but more cohesive as the various cultures gradually merge together. So Indians regard Australians as generally loud and obnoxious, and here in Australia we are cautious of Indians in business and regard them as sneaky and not to be trusted. Perhaps there are elements of truth in both assessments but it's also true that the actions of a few can tarnish the many.
come on mate, you know its more than a minority thats racist

Stung by Hayden, Bhajji takes on Ponting Stung by Hayden, Bhajji takes on Ponting The mild reprimand meted out to Matthew Hayden may mean he will now be more careful with his words. But the target of his verbal abuse, Harbhajan Singh seems in no mood to stop. Now, Bhajji has taken on Ricky Ponting. He told an Oz newspaper that Ponting abused him during the Adelaide One-Dayer. Ponting apparently continually asked Bhajji to "show what he had got" while the off-spinner was batting. Bhajji also claims Ponting abused him after he was dismissed. Ponting and Harbhajan then reportedly again exchanged words later that night outside the dressing room. The BCCI, though, isn't amused at Bhajji's candour. And the Indian Board has held up Sachin Tendulakar as an example on how to stay away from controversies both on and off the field.

You indian fans should hang your heads in shame. You are using your influence with the ICC to have your way with every little situation that arises. It is unfortunate as India plays an amazing brand of cricket. It's just a shame that their woose supporters and their childish administrators should pull your heads in and realise that cricket at that level is a game for men not girls(like the indians are). Look at yourself seriously
Selective blindness. The girls were the ones who complained to the umps in Sydney. The ones that don't seem to be able to handle Harbhajan's return sledging so much so it teems over into the public forum. A veteran and champion batsman that can't handle a 19 year old playng intensely that he has to resort to mock threats. The precious and sensitive captain who belittled and insulted Neil Harvey because he criticised his teams behaviour. The same captain that was over wrought and sulked when Harbhajan was not banned...the whole team over reacting to one mans behaviour, Harbhajan...it appears to have left them unbalanced...with the fury at him barely concealed under the surface...they can't handle him...just one guy giving it back hard has upset the whole team...and left them seething... The list goes on and on...wonder what will be next to offend their delicate sensibilites...

Gilchrist jumps to Hayden's defence Gilchrist jumps to Hayden's defence Melbourne: Batting star Adam Gilchrist Thursday defended Matthew Hayden, at the centre of the latest spat between Australia and India, saying he does not care what others think about his fellow opener. Hayden ignited yet another row between the sides when he called spinner Harbhajan Singh an "obnoxious weed" on Australian radio on Tuesday. Harbhajan replied by saying Hayden was one of the most disliked players in world cricket. "Who is Matthew Hayden? You only need to speak to international cricketers to know in what opinion they hold Hayden," Harbhajan said. Speaking here, Gilchrist said he paid little heed to Harbhajan's words. "I've not ever cared to think what other teams think of Matthew Hayden," he said. "He's one of the most well-respected people in our team, so that's all that interests me." The wicketkeeper-batsman also defended Ricky Ponting, dismissing Harbhajan's claims the Australian skipper used abusive language towards him during Sunday's tri-series game in Sydney. He said Ponting did not say anything inflammatory during the game, after which India officially complained to match referee Jeff Crowe about the provocative behaviour of Ponting, Hayden and Andrew Symonds. Gilchrist said the controversy swirling around his farewell international season has worn him down. The Hayden incident is the latest in a series of controversies, and follows a racism row, threats by India to leave, and players fined for aggressive behaviour. "Everyone is over it a little bit now," Gilchrist said. "I'm just trying to get on with the finals and play some cricket. I can't speak on behalf of everyone, particularly on their team, and I haven't spoken to our guys about it, but I'm sure everyone is just keen to let cricket get on. There's been a lot on, a lot of issues, I haven't played in too many summers where there's been any number of issues you could bring to mind." Australia play Sri Lanka in a "dead rubber" on Friday in Melbourne, before locking horns with the Indians again in the tri-series finals, starting on Tuesday. Gilchrist said it was important Australia remained focused on playing good cricket.

Hayden the most disliked player: Harbhajan Sydney: Claims and counter-claims flew on Thursday after senior Australian batsman Matthew Hayden was officially reprimanded for calling Indian spinner Harbhajan Singh an "obnoxious little weed." Tensions continue to simmer in a summer of cricket acrimony ahead of Sunday's first final in the tri one-day series here between the two fiercely competitive rivals. Cricket Australia's code of behaviour commissioner Ron Beazley late on Wednesday upheld a charge that Hayden had breached the code of conduct with his public comment about Harbhajan and issued a reprimand. Hayden pleaded his innocence and escaped a possible suspension and fine. The Hayden incident is the latest in a series of controversies, and follows a racism row, threats by India to leave, and players fined for aggressive behaviour. The fall-out continued on Thursday with Harbhajan claiming Hayden was one of the most disliked figures in world cricket. "I don't want it to be a slanging match, but you only need to speak to international cricketers and international teams to know in what opinion they hold Hayden," Harbhajan told Sydney's The Daily Telegraph newspaper. Harbhajan also accused Australia of trying to cover up their on-field sledging by hiding among their teammates to avoid being detected by television cameras. Another unnamed Indian player told the Hindustan Times that Hayden was "insane" and vowed to give him "the fight" the tourists believe he is asking for. "It's not strategy, it's insane and asking for a fight. And if he wants that, we'll give it to him," the player told the newspaper. "He will not stop making sarcastic or plain rude remarks, whether he is fielding or batting. It is very difficult to not get upset and we don't see why he is allowed to get away with his constant barbs." The latest controversy has again reactivated hostilities between the two teams. "Matthew Hayden was charged for simply saying what most Australians feel about Harbhajan Singh," The Daily Telegraph said on Thursday. "What is wrong with calling Harby an obnoxious little weed? It's not racist, it's not all that rude and it's certainly not bad for the game." The Australian newspaper described Hayden's comments as "foolish." "Named one-day player of the year, Hayden foolishly said on Brisbane radio before the presentation what many in the team think about Harbhajan," the newspaper said. "While it was meant to be a light-hearted radio interview, Hayden's lack of diplomacy has poured petrol on a bushfire and has given the Indians something substantial to complain about." Melbourne's Herald-Sun said Australian captain Ricky Ponting had to show leadership in the potentially explosive best-of-three match ODI finals series. "If there is a fight on hand, he won't shy away from it. To a certain extent, that's what leadership is all about," the newspaper said. "Leadership, too, is about remaining calm and letting your actions tell the story. "Ponting must learn to do this and encourage his men to follow, otherwise the tri-series finals will be lost. Match referee Jeff Crowe must also take control."

Poll Results Who do you think is the most disliked international cricketer? Shoaib Akhtar (Pak) 2.01%2.01% 527 votes Sourav Ganguly (Ind) 1.81%1.81% 475 votes Matthew Hayden (Aus) 27.45%27.45% 7185 votes Kevin Pietersen (Eng) 1.27%1.27% 334 votes Ricky Ponting (Aus) 27.5%27.5% 7199 votes Harbhajan Singh (Ind) 13.57%13.57% 3553 votes Graeme Smith (RSA) 1.55%1.55% 406 votes Shantha Sreesanth (Ind) 1.7%1.7% 445 votes Andrew Symonds (Aus) 21.23%21.23% 5558 votes A.N. Other 1.87%1.87% 490 votes :hysterical: poor Indians.. they r ranked very low.. :haha: irony is all the oz fans r supporting these gits. shame on u pppl.. shows a lot abt ur culture innit?

"who's hayden anyway?" hahahaha well u can tell Bahji he is the current ICC ODI player of the year, The player of the tournament of the last world cup and 1 half of the most succesful test + ODI batting partnerships of all time.
Bhajji does not seem overly impressed by Hayden's cricketing credentials. He must be factoring in the person behind the credentials, methinks.