Why Shah Rukh got into cricket?

Zakhmi

PUNE, Feb. 28: Shah Rukh Khan has said the chance to transfer money earned in cricket to other sports was the reason why he got into the Indian Premier League. “Commerce and business are very important in today’s world. Cricket is commercially viable and we need to make money from this sport,†said the actor, who has bought the Kolkata franchise of the IPL, here last night, in the presence of the Indian Olympic Association president and member of Parliament, Mr Suresh Kalmadi. “I am very happy with Chak de India and the work you did for hockey. But I'm disappointed you went back to cricket. I want you to be made the ambassador of the Commonweath Games and Olympic sports in India,†said Mr Kalmadi at the inaugural ceremony of the Abhijit Kadam Memorial Football Cup. “There are around 10 nations playing cricket at the moment and over 200 countries competing in Olympic sports. Cricket has many fathers and I would love to have you as the brand ambassador of the Commonwealth Games,†he added. http://www.thestatesman.net/page.news.php?clid=5&theme=&usrsess=1&id=193000