Anyone think that this was all a ploy to boost crowd numbers?

Over the past few years, crowd numbers have been down at the Test and ODI cricket, and it was painfully evident during the first test in Brisbane between Lanka and Australia. I am starting to suspect that this whole summer, all the sledging has been hyped up in an attempt to boost ratings and crowd attendance, not just in Australia, but for cricket in general. People like to see confrontation, and controversy, and this summer has been full of it in Australia. Now we have reached the finals, again there is another headline about India vs Australia off-field relations, and sledging, but more importantly, once again an India vs Australia match in Sydney is a sell-out. If this all was just a ploy, I must take my hats off to both the BCCI and CA because we have had one hell of a summer ... * Controversies * Confrontation * Close cricket and I am looking forward to the finals and will be anxious to see what enfolds. I have my ticket ready for Sunday's match (but then again, I would have gone, even if it was a dull summer). Anyone else feel that this is all just a publicity stunt?