Harbhajan Singh appreciation thread

calm down old man....stop ur swearing....and behave like a normal person....I will not swear bcoz I know it is'nt brave to do it on the net...so plz stop being macho on website forums...:finger:
Practice what you preach chump ! You called me twat and implied regionalism , remember ? You shameless git , I was commenting only on Harbhy being crap bowler , that's all and not on his sledging or anything else. Looks like the pea sized brain of yours can't comprehend the fact that I have a problem with his skills and not his attitude towards Aussie or anybody else for that matter. I was replying to DSR who needlessly accused me of lacking patriotism and you took it upon yourself to interject in my tête-à-tête with him. If anything I commend Harbhy for being mentally strong, but he has still cra.p bowler . Lot of seasoned posters here agree with my assessment. Probably a fair weather fan like you who does not follow cricket much cannot comprehend this fact .:finger:
Practice what you preach chump ! You called me twat and implied regionalism ' date=' remember ? You shameless git , I was commenting only on Harbhy being crap bowler , that's all and not on his sledging or anything else. Looks like the pea sized brain of yours can't comprehend the fact that I have a problem with his skills and not his attitude towards Aussie or anybody else for that matter. I was replying to DSR who needlessly accused me of lacking patriotism and you took it upon yourself to interject in my tête-à-tête with him. If anything I commend Harbhy for being mentally strong, but he has still cra.p bowler . Lot of seasoned posters here agree with my assessment. Probably a fair weather fan like you who does not follow cricket much cannot comprehend this fact .:finger:[/quote'] I'm not appreciating his bowling here...He had guts to give sledging back...and also got rid of Hayden & Symonds at a time when Aussies were very much in control of the game. If you don't like his bowling...does it really matter!!!!...you keep whining here while he's still playing for India..and might also play for test matches on the SA tour....can you do something to get him out of the team? if not....don't cry...:((
I'm not appreciating his bowling here...He had guts to give sledging back...and also got rid of Hayden & Symonds at a time when Aussies were very much in control of the game. If you don't like his bowling...does it really matter!!!!...you keep whining here while he's still playing for India..and might also play for test matches on the SA tour....can you do something to get him out of the team? if not....don't cry...:((
Huh ! This is the first time I must have posted about his bowling after a long time and you call that whining ? Are you even vaguely familiar with the concept of message board ? ICF encourages different POV's . You are a newbie , you will learn....
:finger: Moron! No need to bring religion in a cricket discussion . Goes to show your sick mentality . The great Gobind Singh quoted that to fight mongrel mughals who wanted to prosecute him . . No need to take his quote out of context for such trivial things .
hey cool down man....:cantstop: my only problem is that u called Guru Gobind Singh ji's quote "sh*t"..:angry_smile:.call watever u want to bhajji..that's ur personal point of view..i am not fanatic religious ...i am sikh , but my friends are from everywhere and from different religion...peace :beer-bottle:..tc:icflove:
hey cool down man....:cantstop: my only problem is that u called Guru Gobind Singh ji's quote "sh*t"...call watever u want to bhajji..that's ur personal point of view..i am not fanatic religious ...i am sikh ' date=' but my friends are from everywhere and from different religion...peace :beer-bottle:..tc:icflove:[/quote'] Cool mate . Guru Gobind Singh is truly great guru and let's not take his quote out of context , especially for such trivial things as cricket ... I called out on Bhaji using that quote unnecessarily because I felt cricket is too trivial and you know the context in which the great Guru Gobind Singh used....It was to fight Mughal mongrels who wanted to prosecute him.
Cool mate . Guru Gobind Singh is truly great guru and let's not take his quote out of context ' date=' especially for such trivial things as cricket ... I called out on Bhaji using that quote unnecessarily because I felt cricket is too trivial and you know the context in which the great Guru Gobind Singh used....It was to fight Mughal mongrels who wanted to prosecute him.[/quote'] Kool bruv.....:icflove:....united we stand

'It was as if Harbhajan v Australia' 'It was as if Harbhajan v Australia' Cricinfo staff March 7, 2008 Harbhajan Singh: "I can understand the [Australian] public wanting to support their team but I made them realise that I also played cricket the tough way" © Getty Images Harbhajan Singh, embroiled in more than one controversy during India's tour of Australia, has no praise for the Australian team and has said the side is arrogant and not known to mingle with other teams. Only Gilly [Adam Gilchrist] and [brett] Lee came to our dressing room after the Perth Test," Harbhajan told the Hindu. "Even Gilly has a facade of a friendly cricketer. But the Australians will never forget this Indian team. We matched their aggression and taught [them] some lessons in hard cricket." " Harbhajan said this trip was the most challenging of his career. "It was as if the series was Harbhajan Singh versus Australia." He also said the CB Series win was more satisfying than India's come-from-behind victory in the Test series against Australia at home in 2001. "I had always wanted to do well against Australia. We were all proud of ourselves that we did well in Australia. They are a dominating team but I have had a good record against them. I had to match their aggression and that is what I did." Harbhajan was charged for making an alleged racist remark to Andrew Symonds during the Sydney Test. The ruling was eventually in his favour but it left a lot of bitterness between the two sides, something which spilled over on the field during the CB Series. "That charge was not against me but the whole of India. It was very serious and honestly I was very upset," Harbhajan said. "I can never forget the backing I received from the team and will always remember the support that Anil [Kumble] gave me. Anil bhai was outstanding in his handling of the situation." According to Harbhajan, it wasn't just the Australian players, but also the public and the press, who were against the Indian team. "I can understand the public wanting to support their team but I made them realise that I also played cricket the tough way. I was not in Australia to make friends. I was there to play for my country and win. And win we did." © Cricinfo ==== the guy is a straight shooter to the core..

Bhajji invited all the hate from Aussie players, media & fans....for one simple reason....being gutsy..:two_thumbs_up: And like a 'True man'....gave it back to them Aussies...never unfazed by booing...all the media crap. but by doing that he has also become 'unpopular' amongst some Indian fans who feel harby was 'obnoxious'...:haha:...and these fans feel that it is better to get slapped by opposition...but don't say anything back....:hysterical: Thank god Yuvraj Singh thought otherwise and tonked 6 sixes/over off a genuine pace bowler.....:two_thumbs_up: It will take some balls for someone to equal/beat that record....another gutsy player...:hatsoff:

would he go to congratulate the aussies after their win ? and yes I didnt feel that they called our entire nation racist .. they just called him. I think most people would have given him the benefit of doubt but since he did it in Mumbai before made people believe that he did it in sydney too.

That was a handsome payback from Bhajji. That sets a milestone in Cricket. An entire continent, its players and its media up against a Sardar from India and guess who wins. I am sure that this series has left a permanent scar and a permanent change in Aussies attitude. Now they will spend the coming months in self analysis.

Hayden seeks talks with Harbhajan Cricinfo staff March 16, 2008 Matthew Hayden wants to see if he can patch things up with Harbhajan Singh © Getty Images Matthew Hayden could meet with Harbhajan Singh, who has became Australia's least-favourite opponent, during the Indian Premier League next month in an effort to sort out their differences. Harbhajan reportedly called Hayden a "liar" when he returned home to India, which followed Hayden referring to Harbhajan as an "obnoxious little weed" in the lead-up to the CB Series finals defeat. "I want to sit down with him and see if there is any way we can move forward with our relationship because it hasn't been great," Hayden said in the Sunday Mail. "I'd like to see where he's at and see if we can patch up our differences. Frankly, everyone is sick of it." Hayden said he made an error with his choice of words and maintained he did not want to "disgrace or denigrate Harbhajan". "In the end all I did was put fuel on a fire that already existed," he said. "It wasn't necessary. It was a mistake." The IPL tournament is a likely time for the two players to meet, but Australia will also tour India for a Test series in October. Hayden is keen to take part in the IPL to fine-tune for the trip to the West Indies starting in May. "If anything, the IPL will help us," he said. "I've told Chennai I will be playing. I'm committed to going, if Cricket Australia allows me to go. The tit-for-tat arguments between Australia and India were a feature of a long Test and one-day campaign, but Hayden said the relationship had not reached rock bottom. "There's definite tension, but if I was a spectator, that's what I'd want to see," he said. "If I was a fan and I went to a game that was far from contrived but didn't have a competitive edge, I'd be unimpressed straight away. "There can be a sense of hypocrisy there. You know, I cross myself when I get 100, then I'm at first slip giving it to the Indians. At what point do you cross the line?" The confrontations have not diminished Hayden's desire and the 36-year-old is targeting the 2009 Ashes tour. "I don't like speculating too far but if the ingredients are there there's no point stopping," he said. "I'd love to go to England. It's a tour that, yeah, the carrot's dangling. "I've had great success in county cricket but every time I've gone there [for Australia] I've averaged around the mid-30s without really excelling. And it's a place I know I can excel."

Hayden seeks talks with Harbhajan Matthew Hayden could meet with Harbhajan Singh, who has became Australia's least-favourite opponent, during the Indian Premier League next month in an effort to sort out their differences. Harbhajan reportedly called Hayden a "liar" when he returned home to India, which followed Hayden referring to Harbhajan as an "obnoxious little weed" in the lead-up to the CB Series finals defeat. "I want to sit down with him and see if there is any way we can move forward with our relationship because it hasn't been great," Hayden said in the Sunday Mail. "I'd like to see where he's at and see if we can patch up our differences. Frankly, everyone is sick of it." Hayden said he made an error with his choice of words and maintained he did not want to "disgrace or denigrate Harbhajan". "In the end all I did was put fuel on a fire that already existed," he said. "It wasn't necessary. It was a mistake." The IPL tournament is a likely time for the two players to meet, but Australia will also tour India for a Test series in October. Hayden is keen to take part in the IPL to fine-tune for the trip to the West Indies starting in May. "If anything, the IPL will help us," he said. "I've told Chennai I will be playing. I'm committed to going, if Cricket Australia allows me to go. The tit-for-tat arguments between Australia and India were a feature of a long Test and one-day campaign, but Hayden said the relationship had not reached rock bottom. "There's definite tension, but if I was a spectator, that's what I'd want to see," he said. "If I was a fan and I went to a game that was far from contrived but didn't have a competitive edge, I'd be unimpressed straight away. "There can be a sense of hypocrisy there. You know, I cross myself when I get 100, then I'm at first slip giving it to the Indians. At what point do you cross the line?" The confrontations have not diminished Hayden's desire and the 36-year-old is targeting the 2009 Ashes tour. "I don't like speculating too far but if the ingredients are there there's no point stopping," he said. "I'd love to go to England. It's a tour that, yeah, the carrot's dangling. "I've had great success in county cricket but every time I've gone there [for Australia] I've averaged around the mid-30s without really excelling. And it's a place I know I can excel." For the full interview go here

"I want to sit down with him and see if there is any way we can move forward with our relationship because it hasn't been great," Hayden said in the Sunday Mail. "I'd like to see where he's at and see if we can patch up our differences. Frankly, everyone is sick of it." For the full interview go here
:icflove: :finger: