Ishant Sharma's injury update

Feed

Ishant doubtful for tomorrow's match Pacer Ishant Sharma - the find of this season is almost certain to miss the second CB series final between India and Australia at Brisbane on Tuesday. Ishant had injured the middle finger on his bowling hand during his 5th over in Sunday's match. He went on to finish the over with the wicket of Michael Clarke. X-rays suggest that there is some fluid deposit in the finger. Ishant has been India's most successful bowler in the CB Series with 14 wickets from nine games so far.

Lurker, your points on Kapil are well taken but not everyone is a Kapil Dev fitness wise. The guy was a marvel when it came to fitness. It's not fair to judge everyone and expect everyone to meet his standards. Moreover, by the time Kapil made his debut his body was more conditioned to fast bowling than Ishant's is having played two complete domestic seasons. I don't think Ishant has played more than 10-12 FC matches excluding tests.

Like Roger Patel says, he must also have 3 'P's P for Powerful ( to bowl with 145+ to disgust the batsmen ) P for Penetration ( to bowl to take wickets ) P for Proficient ( to bowl to the field in an attacking manner ) I bet he would be the pick of the bowlers, if he takes care of his fitness and these 3 'P's.
as would i if i did the above. munaf needs to be ***** slapped and reminded that he is not some priviledged jackass born with a silver spoon in his mouth. the zeal is lacking and only he determines that.

Ishant was the standout player: Ponting Australian captain Ricky Ponting on Wednesday gave a thumbs up to young paceman Ishant Sharma, saying the Indian speedster produced "some of the better bowling I have faced in Test cricket." "Ishant has been the standout young player in the Indian set up though the tour. Everybody has spoken about him. At different times he has bowled very good spells. The spell he bowled to me in Perth on the last day was some of the better bowling I have faced in Test cricket," Ponting said. more...

Ishant should focus on his fitness: Kapil Former India captain and fast bowling legend Kapil Dev showered rich praise on young pacer Ishant Sharma after his heroics on the Australian tour. "Ishant is fabulous. I am happy that we have a bowler like Ishant who can give the teams [like Australia] a taste of their own medicine and it feels good. I still remember that in our time, in the 1970s, when a spinner used to bowl the second or the third over, but now we have started believing in our fast bowlers that they can win matches for us. It is a big accomplishment as far as Indian cricket is concerned," Kapil said in Mumbai on Wednesday. more...