15 jawans killed after Naxals trigger IED blast in Maharashtra's Gadchiroli

Singh bling

9 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

If not armed forces, what is your strategy to deal with Naxals who have infiltrated  into civilian population and are firing from behind innocent civilians?

basically have local recruits ( district level, and some central armed policing force - give them advanced infantry gear - train them in all jungle warfare/ naxal ops etc but have army leadership - to ensure tactical astuteness and disipline - for instance Jawans at times do not recover their dead or make mistakes in deployment - IPS officers who lead a platoon or what ever its called in CRPF do not have active combat experience etc. There was a good article i read few years back - that CRPF should get Army leadership, not sure where it went of why this thought never got traction.

9 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Yes, but I remember only parts which detailed Naxal hatya of innocent civilians. I agree there is a lot of atrocity literature that focuses on why people turn to naxalism. Hence, from the civilian society, there is a lot of effort to get them to surrender as well, who were marginalized by the system. But, incidents such as these cannot be bracketed with the same group and show them mercy. They have to be dealt like terrorists. 

I have read a more right wing representations on naxal problems as that been my denomination-- but seeing some of the advasi folks and their abject poor living conditions - their children being trafficked, mothers raped trafficked, kids left alone to fend for themselves etc..its really sad and pathetic that we can let fellow Indians go through such pain and suffering. I am all right wing but shame on our society for letting this happen.  

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

scum are sub retardation level iq , they dont know difference between armed policing forces and army anyone in battle fatigue with an SLR is a commando for them. Then again i guess Indian CAPF is probably better trained and equipped than their hijira army