Respect to Bengalis (and updates post the election result)

Gollum

1 minute ago, Muloghonto said:

If punjabi sikh sub-category is a valid one, so is Bengali Hindu. Yes, we outnumber Sikhs by 4x but according to the British records, the Bengal province was far more volatile than any other province too.  

I stated Sikhs outnumber any other regional/religious group by a dominant distance.  Not a sub punjabi sikh category. 

As it stands, Sikhs are less than 2% and Hindus are around 80%.

As per your sub category, Bengali Hindus outnumber Sikhs by 300-400%

3 minutes ago, vice said:

I stated Sikhs outnumber any other regional/religious group by a dominant distance.  Not a sub punjabi sikh category. 

Except they do not outnumber hindu bengalis, also a regional/religious group by any distance. 

As per your sub category, Bengali Hindus outnumber Sikhs by 300-400%

Sure. I already said that, so repeating that has no value. I also said that by British records, Bengal was also far more volatile than Punjab, so it more than makes up for the demographic weight of the Sikhs. 

Edited by Muloghonto

1 minute ago, vice said:

Read again:

Sikhs are less than 2% and Hindus are around 80%.

Bengali Hindus outnumber Sikhs by 300-400%

And Sikhs with that small percentage easily outnumber any religious/regional group wrt to contributions/sacrifices. 

No, they don't in the independence struggle. Bengal was easily far more roiled a province than Punjab according to the Brits. 
If you are 4x smaller and do 4x less, then your contribution is NOT greater. 

1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

No, they don't in the independence struggle. Bengal was easily far more roiled a province than Punjab according to the Brits. 
If you are 4x smaller and do 4x less, then your contribution is NOT greater. 

I'm not going to keep on repeating it again and again for you.  You keep on switching goal posts. Look up the previous posts in the thread where I have already stated the contributions...I don't like repeating  this comparison game.

And the statement holds true that Sikhs' contributions/sacrifices outnumber that of any other religious/regional group.  A measly 1.7% of India's population and its contributions are definitely praiseworthy compared to others i.e Hindus 80%, Muslims 15%, etc. 

Edited by vice

16 minutes ago, vice said:

I'm not going to keep on repeating it again and again for you.  You keep on switching goal posts. Look up the previous posts in the thread where I have already stated the contributions...I don't like repeating  this comparison game.

And the statement holds true that Sikhs' contributions/sacrifices outnumber that of any other religious/regional group.  A measly 1.7% of India's population and its contributions are definitely praiseworthy compared to others i.e Hindus 80%, Muslims 15%, etc. 

But it does not. Bengali Hindu contributions are greater according to the sources. If you are gonna lump us into '80% hindus' then i am going to lump you into 'all Punjabis' group. 

14 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

Good for you :nice: Rational people cannot keep on arguing with Morons like him on a public forum, also unlike many here, this person is a home maker, cooks, does laundry and spends the remaining time on ICF venting out his frustration. He rides a Bicycle while his wife drives to work, she's the bread winner & he's the bread maker :wp1: 

Mate, in a modern family, both of us work, both of us do all household chores by taking turns. I know, its an alien concept for village idiots stuck in the era of having their wives as their maids. 

5 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

You can claim whatever you want me to be....Reality is that you make up so much BS, you are ridiculed to submission by @vice in his replies to you BS posts. It's the 'Bitter old man' syndrome you are suffering from....please go & complete you household chores. 

PS: 'Will fight in India' :rofl: 

The only bitter old man here is you, who continuously proves what a BC gao-wallah bewakoof he is, for making fun of people for helping in household chores. Go beat your wife some more and leave the debating to intellectual ones, since you are clearly incapable of rebutting any points made. 

29 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

But it does not. Bengali Hindu contributions are greater according to the sources. If you are gonna lump us into '80% hindus' then i am going to lump you into 'all Punjabis' group. 

If you want Bengali Hindus to be a separate entity than the rest of the Indian Hindus, so be it.  If that makes you sleep better at night, so be it.  If you want to separate Punjabi sikhs, then their population declines even further and ratio even higher than before.  Then Punjabi sikhs contributions are proportionately definitely greater. 

Let me reiterate my original point which was actually about the contributions of other communities but it relates here:

1) Well, up til the 1930s, the Punjabis actually had DOUBLE the sacrifices than Bengalis according to the listings at Kaala Paani.    

2) Add in another source, documentation which claimed that “Out of 121 patriots hanged 93 were Sikhs. Of the 2626 awarded life-imprisonment 2147 were Sikhs”    Now basically substitute Sikhs for Punjabis.

3)More than 65% of INA comprised of  Punjabis.  Add in Tamils, Marathis, etc

Add Kuka movement, Gadar Party, Jalianwala Bagh, etc and these are great contributions.  

13 minutes ago, vice said:

If you want Bengali Hindus to be a separate entity than the rest of the Indian Hindus, so be it.  If that makes you sleep better at night, so be it.  If you want to separate Punjabi sikhs, then their population declines even further and ratio even higher than before.  Then Punjabi sikhs contributions are proportionately definitely greater. 

You've already seperated Punjabi Sikhs from the Punjabi populace. Punjabi sikhs make up over 95% of all Sikhs, so the so-called impact isn't adversely changed by either categorization. 

Let me reiterate my original point which was actually about the contributions of other communities but it relates here:

1) Well, up til the 1930s, the Punjabis actually had DOUBLE the sacrifices than Bengalis according to the listings at Kaala Paani.    

This is called cherry-picking. Lets cherry-pick some more between 1845 and 1849, Bengali soldiers beat the living pulp out of the Punjabi Sikh empire and conquered it, so Bengalis are greater warriors than Sikhs. See ?

2) Add in another source, documentation which claimed that “Out of 121 patriots hanged 93 were Sikhs. Of the 2626 awarded life-imprisonment 2147 were Sikhs”    Now basically substitute Sikhs for Punjabis.

Thank you for admitting that Sikhs can be substituted for Punjabis, ie, overwhelming majority of Sikhs == Punjabis. Trashes what you initially started this post with. 

3)More than 65% of INA comprised of  Punjabis.  Add in Tamils, Marathis, etc

And were lead by a Bong. 

Add Kuka movement, Gadar Party, Jalianwala Bagh, etc and these are great contributions.  

Jalianwala Bagh was a massacre, not a contribution. Those people didn't go there to get their wives and children and themselves killed for the nation. They went there to peacefully demonstrate and instead were shot. Kindly desist from using tragedies to further your political agenda. 

6 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

Pancho Bose DK...all the big talk on the net and you have a chicken heart :phehe: 

I have a bigger brain than you, which is why i am not gonna get into goondagardi in a nation where cops are automatically involved.

Paindoos like you will realize this soon enough, you are too fresh off the boat to know this yet. 

Which is why i said if you are a true sikh, meet me in India and see how big your kalejaa is. 

Some of you guys deserve Momta in Bengal for all the fookrapan in real life :nice:

And some of you feku Sikhs deserve the Badals too. 

See you later...Kanjar :phehe:

Kanjar hoga tera aatankwaadi baap.  You still cant explain why its so funny that a guy helps his wife in household chores when both him and his wife work. Go beat your naukraani wife some more. 

Edited by Muloghonto

6 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

You've already seperated Punjabi Sikhs from the Punjabi populace. Punjabi sikhs make up over 95% of all Sikhs, so the so-called impact isn't adversely changed by either categorization. 

When did I separate?  My original statement was for the Sikhs of India, or either Punjabis.  Not  cherry picking a sub category like Bengali Hindus like you did.  

15 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

This is called cherry-picking. Lets cherry-pick some more between 1845 and 1849, Bengali soldiers beat the living pulp out of the Punjabi Sikh empire and conquered it, so Bengalis are greater warriors than Sikhs. See ?

If you comprehend the context of the original post from it was copied, it about the contributions of other communities as well in the freedom struggle.  It showed that Punjabis were actually the dominant force in the early part. 

Thank you for admitting that Sikhs can be substituted for Punjabis, ie, overwhelming majority of Sikhs == Punjabis. Trashes what you initially started this post with. 

No, it wasn't me who separated Punajbi sikhs from the rest of Sikhs like you who separated Bengali Hindus from the rest of the Hindus. Learn to read.  This was an earlier post attributing the contributions of other communities so I lumped it along regional boundaries rather than religious. 

And were lead by a Bong. 

Sure, doesn't change the fact that the majority were Punjabis or Sikhs.

Jalianwala Bagh was a massacre, not a contribution. Those people didn't go there to get their wives and children and themselves killed for the nation. They went there to peacefully demonstrate and instead were shot. Kindly desist from using tragedies to further your political agenda. 

Once again, I have mentioned contributions/sacrifices.  This was a massacre and the lives of those people isn't to be ignored.  Thus it counts as a sacrifice and rightfully honored and remembered in Punjab at Jaliawalan Bagh. 

5 minutes ago, vice said:

When did I separate?  My original statement was for the Sikhs of India, or either Punjabis.  Not  cherry picking a sub category like Bengali Hindus like you did.  

By saying Punjabis == Sikhs in your bolded statement, you are seperating it to a category you like. 

5 minutes ago, vice said:

If you comprehend the context of the original post from it was copied, it about the contributions of other communities as well in the freedom struggle.  It showed that Punjabis were actually the dominant force in the early part. 

And that is called cherry-picking. FYI the real early years, aka the pre 1910s was dominated by Marathis and Bongs. The LBP alliance. Though Lajpat Rai formed an integral leadership of the LBP alliance, the grass roots of the movement was in Bengal and Maharashtra at that time.

Punjab played a part in the middle years. 

5 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

By saying Punjabis == Sikhs in your bolded statement, you are seperating it to a category you like. 

The source cites  Sikhs. I gave it a regional tone rather than a religious one initially and had no intention or made any effort to separate Punjabi Sikhs from the rest of Sikhs like you separated Bengali Bongs from the rest of Hindus.

44 minutes ago, vice said:

The source cites  Sikhs. I gave it a regional tone rather than a religious one initially and had no intention or made any effort to separate Punjabi Sikhs from the rest of Sikhs like you separated Bengali Bongs from the rest of Hindus.

But Punjabi sikhs are like 95% of the Sikhs, so there is no real distinction in terms of demographics. 

11 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

But Punjabi sikhs are like 95% of the Sikhs, so there is no real distinction in terms of demographics. 

Majority? Yes, not sure about the 95% part but yet I never made the distinction like you claimed or made the Punjabi Sikhs separate from rest of the Sikhs the way you separated Bengali Hindus from the rest of Hindus.

Edited by vice