What about Dravid's/Ganguly's/Sehwag's ODI career now?

Guest Hiten.
harisampath, he is not the one who runz to the media.. media is the one who ask him such questions whenever he is in some public place.. he is a high class Indian player hence media approachez him often and ask him such questions.. he has the desire to do well for INdia.. he has the dream to continue to play for India in odiz.. he has the passion.. what the hell u guyz keep moaning about here... .u don't have any right to moan or criticise ganguly for what he speaks about his Odi ability.
There are ways to ignore such questions whenever they are thrown at you. We are not questioning his desires to play for India, but we are questioning his comments which are coming at a wrong time. ODI XI is looking far better than the one that featured Dada and co. in ENG (07). And as Hari said, ganguly's such statements will only instigate those idiots who keep matches/lighters handy. And if he really wants to play for India, then he should have featured in ongoing Deodhar trophy and scored in bulk rather that giving out statements like "how much can i do". Coming up with these statements makes me Ganguly wants to win the Kolkatians emotionally rather than doing something productive in domestic cricket.
Guest HariSampath
harisampath, he is not the one who runz to the media.. media is the one who ask him such questions whenever he is in some public place.. he is a high class Indian player hence media approachez him often and ask him such questions.. he has the desire to do well for INdia.. he has the dream to continue to play for India in odiz.. he has the passion.. what the hell u guyz keep moaning about here... .u don't have any right to moan or criticise ganguly for what he speaks about his Odi ability.
Passion alone is not enough. Maybe he can show us some aggressive batting, rotating strike, running between wkts faster, fielding better etc. Ganguly with his slow batting, hogging strike, poor running, bad fielding had become a liability for India and so he was dropped. And great decision, as has been proved by CB series win. Ganguly is an old story in ODIs along with Dravid, its seriously over. Time to ignore these names from even discussions on ODIs.
Guest HariSampath

^....the proof is not the issue. See the combined effect of his batting/bowling/fielding in each ODI. This topic has been beaten to death, and many folks here fully agree with me when I say Ganguly is minus 60 runs even before a ball is bowled in ODIs

Guest HariSampath

Anyways ganguly has been dropped on performance. 5 ODIs against Australia at home for 125 runs and 4 ODIs for 80 + runs against Pak means he has been a terrible failure, and this includes an unpardonably selfish inngs of 86 of 111 balls , that infamous inngs costing us an ODI , which sealed the fate of ganguly's ODI career, as it was that day MS Dhoni decided he will never let a Saurav Ganguly turn out for India in ODIs under his captaincy.

Guest Hiten.
rofl @ deodhar trophy?? and rofl @ shoud have scored in bulk dude he doesn't have to prove that he can score runz.. he alredy did that..
So you are saying until Ganguly decides to call it a day, he should be in the team because he has proved that he can score runs. Thank god you are not the selector

There is a difference between a class act like Rahul Dravid and some others when it comes to graciousness, and it shows. Sure he or anyone else can aspire for being in the team - thats their prerogative - but if you want it, then let the bat, the running between wickets and fielding do the talking. If you cant, keep trying but dont keep giving interviews to "rouse people" I have a feeling that this time even Calcutta folks wont care much to do all the usual rail rokos, and effigy burning, and Lok Sabha speeches, etc...they have moved past with respect to ODIs

Ganguly will never understand that his time is up and will keep on stirring the pot. McGrath, Warne and Gilly are all competitors but they retited on their own. Gilly, if you believe the media, retired due to poor keeping during the test series. Why cant Ganguly be honest to himself - he has served Indian cricket well but he wont play the next world cup and is only taking aspot away from younger playes we need to groom for the cup. We should only keep seniors who play for the cause of the team and would share the wealth of experience with the youngsters not compete with them for spots.

laxman has certainly no chance for an odi spot, dravid may get a series and sehwag he is a very dangerous opening batsman, whose form is more worrying than his attacking capabilties dhoni has lost faith in sehwag, but i want sehwag to be in all 3 forms of the game, opening but it seems difficult by the way he is going, in fact sachin-saurav opening combo is doomed never to give a good partnership, whatever may be, it will not work, thus sachin being there , sehwag will be out

Guest HariSampath

Laxman is certainly out of the ODI plan for ever and so are Dravid and Ganguly. These youngsters with MS Dhoni will surely play unchanged ( as a rule) for 2 more seasons , as even Dhoni has said this will be the core group for wc 2011. He will be the last person to damage the morale of youngsters by bringing back a dropped senior , whose days are clearly over. Apparently, except Sachin no one is a certainty among seniors in Dhoni's vision, and even Sehwag is in and out.

Dadagiri: "I was dropped for whatever reason...I hope DBV is watching this interview" fumes dada

Sourav hopes Twenty20 will help his return to India one-day team Former Indian skipper Sourav Ganguly said Thursday he hoped the Indian Premier League Twenty20 tournament would help him regain a place in the country's one-day team. Ganguly was dropped last month from the touring team for the limited-overs squad during the triangular series featuring Australia and Sri Lanka that was won by India. "I was dropped ... for whatever reason," <<yep, SG, you dont know the "reason", right!>> Ganguly said at a press conference in Mumbai for the Kolkata Knight Riders, which he captains. "I'm 35, I'm sure I'll get another opportunity sometime." Eastern India's Calcutta city is also called Kolkata. India's selectors omitted both Ganguly and another former captain Rahul Dravid. India's chief selector Dilip Vengsarkar had said they were looking to build a stronger, younger Indian team in preparation for the World Cup. "I hope Dilip (Vengsarkar) is watching this press conference," Ganguly said. He said the Twenty20 format would take cricket to a different level and he was delighted to be part of it. The IPL received criticism after team owners spent almost US$42 million at a January auction to staff their sides with the world's best cricketers. "It's good for world cricket. It's a huge opportunity for cricketers," said Ganguly. "Earning money is important and we must treat player's decisions to play with respect." Famous Bollywood movie star Shah Rukh Khan, part of a consortium that bought the Calcutta team, said he would be the 12th man when the matches begin next month. "I have a special T-shirt prepared for it and I've told the team that I'll be the 12th man," said Khan. The team features India's new fast bowler Ishant Sharma, West Indian Chris Gayle, Australians Ricky Ponting and David Hussey, Pakistani cricketers Shoaib Akhtar and Umar Gul and Brendon McCullum from New Zealand. Former Australian coach John Buchanan will lead the players. Khan said the games would help people come together. "Let's not get stuck in regionalism. We have players from all over the world," said Khan after displaying golden-colored helmets signifying the team's knight motif. "The idea is to play together — united we stand."
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/03/13/sports/AS-SPT-CRK-IPL-Sourav-Ganguly.php --------------------------------------- I remember reading Marirs_Mania saying he will lose rispekt for SG if he moans again. There you go, MM! Lose it now! Dadagiri is biatching and moaning
Guest HariSampath

*Yawn* @ganguly...first let him make sure he stays in the knightriders team. wrt Dravid, yeah great knock, he has now cemented his place in the SZ one day team for this season.