Moving on-South Africa test series squad

Feed

The Indian team for the opening Test in the forthcoming three-match home cricket series against South Africa will be picked here on March 9. More... Test team to be picked on March 9 Press Trust Of India Mumbai, March 03, 2008 First Published: 18:40 IST(3/3/2008) Last Updated: 18:44 IST(3/3/2008) The Indian team for the opening Test in the forthcoming three-match home cricket series against South Africa will be picked here on March 9. "The team will be chosen in Mumbai on March 9," said Cricket Board Secretary Niranjan Shah on Monday prior to departing for Australia along with BCCI's CAO, Ratnakar Shetty. The first Test is to commence at Chennai on Marh 26, with the second and third Tests scheduled for April 3-7 and April 11-15 at Ahmedabad and Kanpur. Shah and Shetty are scheduled to witness the remainder of the triangular series best-of-three finals between India and Australia in which the visitors are leading the hosts 1-0. The second tie is to be held tomorrow at Brisbane. "We will have discussions with Cricket Australia officials and finalise the itinerary of the Australian team's visit to India in October/November," said Shah before leaving for Australia. The BCCI has already decided that Bangalore, Nagpur, Delhi and Mohali as the venues for the four-Test series against Australia.

pls rest Dhoni.. mine wud be.. VS GG/WJ VVS SRT SG RD KKD IKP/PK HS AK RP ZK SS IS/RS/Badrinath/
rest Dhoni from tests are you mad? he has three weeks where he should very little of anything to recuperate ... if anything I want him to be rested in the occasional ODI not tests
Questions. Fitness of ZK any updates??? My thoughts 1. Bowling attack of pacers must include sree, zk, rp, Sharma 2. Rohit Sharma must be in squad. 3. Drop dada. 4. Gambhir must be in team.
Too early for Sharma I say ... let him settle into International Cricket for a year or 2, and see how he handles it. Having said that, he does have an excellent technique.

My team (in batting order): XI: Sehwag Jaffer Laxman Tendulkar Ganguly Dravid Dhoni Kumble Zaheer(if fit, else RPS) Ishant Sreesanth ------------------------- Extra 5: Bhajji Badrinath Rohit Sharma RPS(if Zaheer is fit, else Praveen Kumar) KKD