Is Sachin still the backbone of the indian side.

maaki

Is Sachin still the backbone of the indian side.  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

You ask this poll in ICF - the land of tendulkar :hysterical: Put it in some neutral cricket site (there isn't such one probably) :D
Yeah, we're weird, somehow we, at least most of us, don't feel like wishing injuries to another human being, let alone sachin.

Dhonis batting has imporved in this odi series.. he still has a long way to go..I would say until he can score bulk of the runs in most of the innings..

I'll stick my neck out and say its Dhoni thats the backbone of the odi team. *builds concrete wall* Sachin is still awesome though.
Dhonis batting has imporved in this odi series.. he still has a long way to go..I would say until he can score bulk of the runs in most of the innings..
Agreed, but his consistent wicketkeeping and his captaincy make him, imo the single most useful ODI player in the world (yes, I said that) the past few months. Look at how reliably he's batted too. Never got out without making a decent contribution and scoring crucial runs, etc, etc.
Guest whineleg
You ask this poll in ICF - the land of tendulkar :hysterical: Put it in some neutral cricket site (there isn't such one probably) :D
finey, I agree. Sachin is not the backbone of the Indian side. In fact, could we say this Indian side has no backbone?
finey, I agree. Sachin is not the backbone of the Indian side. In fact, could we say this Indian side has no backbone?
I think instead of backbone discussion, we must strive to have a winning team combination. SRT is beyond debates and opinions. Other than this legendary player, we must develop other 10 striving and winning player for our national squad.

In ODIs, Tendy is not the backbone anylonger, though he is still a very vital cog. IMO, the backbone/MVP of our ODI team is none other than the captain, MSD. Dhoni is turning out to be an inspirational captain, is a phenomenal ODI bat down the order ( not many have 45+ average and 90+ strike rate ANYWHERE, much less down the order) and a very competent keeper. As far as tests go, the MVP of the test team is(and has been for a while) the one and only Anil Kumble.