now hope vegsarkar doesn't surprise us with some new gamble

i just hope vengsarkar and co. don't surprie us by dropping any senior batsman from the test squad.. all deserve to stay in the test side for saff i am worried he might just do something this test squad.. i hope he doesn't drop our legend batsman dravid.. our best Test Bat..

^well Yuviz spot is in jeopardy also.. didn't do anything in test series against Aus
Yuseless (in Tests) should be dropped from Test squad. Either Badrinath or another deserving player needs to be there. Absolutely yuseless in Tests, well he might score in India - given that SA dont have good spinnerz to trouble him. But still...
Guest HariSampath

Jaffer will be dropped, and Harbhajan Singh too. Yuvraj also may be dropped from the squad. TN Off spinner Ashwin is tipped to make his test debut in this series.

The current team has done well in the last few tests. Jaffer, Kartik and Yuvi have been the low performers. Going by the test performances during the last year, Jaffer has done well except down under. Kartik has not had a hit after the Pak series and it would be fair to give him another chance. If they do not fire during the Ind-SA series, GG must come in. As for Yuvi, he did extremely well in B'lore, but he appeared to be out of focus while playing in Aus. I would bench him for now rather than affect the team balance. If Sachin has injury troubles, Badrinath or Rohit sharma must make their way in.

Guest HariSampath
Hari Sampath, Has this Ashwin been in form?
Ravi Ashwin has been in the FC circuit for just 15 months, he is just 21 and already has made great impressions with NCA coaches, India selectors etc. He has picked up 48 wickets in 9 games , at an average of 19. He is a very good Off spinner, and would be a very good choice if he does get a game in test 11, he is almost sure to find a place in the test squad. Ravi Ashwin's record includes 31 wkts @ 16 in his very first FC season last year , he has also captained the TN team already at age of 20. Genuine spinner and attacking bowler.
Guest HariSampath

^ Ravi Ashwin is a seriously good prospect. He had been given BCCI's Indian bowler of the Year award 2007 in his very first season, the top award for any FC bowler in India, and with his record and natural ability too, he has been under the close scrutiny of Vengsarkar and Co for several months now, and if Kumble is convinced he will surely play in the forthcoming SA tests. I have been hearing last couple of weeks in the Chennai circuit that he would be blooded very shortly.