ICL 20/20 [2008] - Match reports round up

Guest Hiten.

Guest HariSampath

Beating the Badshahs is a big thing. I am personally happy that Rayudu played a brilliant knock against a strong opponent, first time he has reached 50. But he can bat superbly and hugely talented and we may see some good innings from him. Pity he went to ICL , and wont be allowed to play for India. He is just 22 and would have made a great middle order bat.

Guest HariSampath

^ I know he failed for one full season, but then he also was forced to change state sides and switch to Andhra for a season before Hyderabad called him back to lead Hyderabad. Everyone knows that big fight between Rayudu and Arjun Yadav and how Shivlal Yadav was pushing Arjun Yadav ahead in place of Rayudu. I think he would have played for India for 2 reasons. First , he is hugely talented, his natural skills are way above other 20-25 year olds and he is a brilliant striker of the ball. Rayudu has the ability to pull off impossible wins , like that 170 notout ,reduced to 120-6 and chasing 320 against England U-19, and many other inngs. He had showed his tendency for big scores/100s in his 2 seasons. He was extremely keen to play and was sure he would. Just a season or so is not reason to rule him out, but his was a case of giving up realistic ambition as extremely difficult and choosing the money option. I know his family background , was fully aware of why he took it as I was in touch with him then and could understand where he was coming from when he joined ICL. Hope ICL ban is lifted, Rayudu can and should play for India.