Sindhu reaches 3rd straight BWF World Championship final (UPDATE: Sindhu World Champion, smashes Okuhara 21-7, 21-7)

Gollum

Absolutely agree. Gopichand has done a lot of great service to Indian sports :hatsoff:

It is sad to see guys like Ravi Shastri make millions of $$$ for freeloading while the real coaches don’t get any recognition. Not speaking about Gopichand though because he gets enough recognition now but all the other coaches out there
This guy has single handedly changed the badminton scene in India. A champion coach.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, nikred said:

This guy has single handedly changed the badminton scene in India. A champion coach.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

I went to Andhra last year. There is a badminton coaching center everywhere.  It’s almost getting to the level of entrance coaching and SAP coaching centers.

On 8/25/2019 at 9:41 AM, Gollum said:

EC0WYQTUwAI9qmD.jpgEC0WYb5UUAEA3Ad.jpg

Kind of feel for the younger sis. It’s obvious who the fav child is. I am assuming fun topics like children asking parents whom do you love more is not going to pop up at this family dinner  table :p:

27 minutes ago, maniac said:

Kind of feel for the younger sis. It’s obvious who the fav child is. I am assuming fun topics like children asking parents whom do you love more is not going to pop up at this family dinner  table :p:

Sindhu is the younger sis. 

On 8/25/2019 at 9:03 AM, gattaca said:

Congrats to Sindhu. Sania  nehwal was supposed to good. What happened to her ? She isn’t even winning or coming close. 

Saina was the pioneer, the trailblazer in Indian badminton for the women. 

First Indian woman to reach #1 ranking

First Indian to win an Olympic medal

Truly, the first role model for many Indian women

Sindhu is the version 2, much improved.

Sindhu has higher ceiling for sure and can dominate the singles' scene if she can harness her power, the advantageous long reach, and improve agility and fitness along with the natural aggression.  Against, in the past she was likely overwhelmed by the overtly aggression by Carolina Marín..Sindhu just needs to counteract with her own aggression and improve her agility/fitness and the next era could be hers. 

On 8/29/2019 at 3:16 PM, Epic said:

Saina was the pioneer, the trailblazer in Indian badminton for the women. 

First Indian woman to reach #1 ranking

First Indian to win an Olympic medal

Truly, the first role model for many Indian women

Sindhu is the version 2, much improved.

Sindhu has higher ceiling for sure and can dominate the singles' scene if she can harness her power, the advantageous long reach, and improve agility and fitness along with the natural aggression.  Against, in the past she was likely overwhelmed by the overtly aggression by Carolina Marín..Sindhu just needs to counteract with her own aggression and improve her agility/fitness and the next era could be hers. 

pity we didn't get to see marin here. I know she is an ATG player but I feel that sindhu would have beaten her this tourney in current form.