Holy mother, not again !

Ram

Guest HariSampath
Big advantage to India with Kumble and Bhajji in the side, by your reckoning, if play is possible? Good. It would be nice to get the psychological edge over Saffies early and make them wary of spin...
I know exactly what Kumble will be planning and the Chennai cricket assn is very close to Kumble. This may well be his last test game here, possibly, and as he has won so many tests for India here, TNCA will ensure he starts his test series with a 1-0. Delhi did that for him against pakistan, and now Kumble knows if he were to go 1-0 up, the series is practically won, maybe 1-0 or 2-0, so he is very unlikely to miss out on a golden chance , that too with a very pliant cricket assn at Chennai. It may also be Dravid and Ganguly's last tests at Chennai.
^...allrite..wait, I shall change the Oxford dictionary
We can call it Chennai dictionary... p.s. Contextually, the semantic behind your usage of the term "Total Washout" was quite as you wished it to be understood. Not sure what the fuss was all about.
I know exactly what Kumble will be planning and the Chennai cricket assn is very close to Kumble. This may well be his last test game here, possibly, and as he has won so many tests for India here, TNCA will ensure he starts his test series with a 1-0. Delhi did that for him against pakistan, and now Kumble knows if he were to go 1-0 up, the series is practically won, maybe 1-0 or 2-0, so he is very unlikely to miss out on a golden chance , that too with a very pliant cricket assn at Chennai.
Wooo...good to hear TNCA are spicing the wicket up for Kumble's swansong...these are the insights you don't pick up anywhere but from those in the know...
Guest HariSampath

^ well, all this is only if the rains stop on time and we do get some decent playing time...btw, I didnt say TNCA will spice up wicket....( I dont wanna be accused of inside info for match fixing), but certainly there may be portions of the pitch that may not be as well watered and rolled like other parts of pitch....and the blame is on the incessant rain ( and NOT TNCA negligence ) :haha:

2008032199961001.jpg Looks like its clearing up a bit, still not good enough though. This is the forecast, Mar 27 Mostly Sunny 33°/25° 10% 33°C Fri Mar 28 Partly Cloudy 34°/25° 20% 34°C Sat Mar 29 Isolated T-Storms 34°/25° 30% 34°C Sun Mar 30 Isolated T-Storms 33°/24° 30% 33°C
Guest Hiten.
^ No emotion man... :-)) just was thinking of the Utter stupidity by you' date=' if you think Chepauk's status should go because of RAIN....[b']when this is the place least affected by rain
Chennai weather update : Its been one week since this thread was started' date=' and Chennai rains haven't letup.[b'] Its been raining almost daily and with 3-4 days to get the pitch preparation complete, nothing has been done yet. A club cricketer told me that the wicket has not even been rolled once. If the rains stop, a good pitch can be prepared as Chennai has top quality groundstaff and facilities, but the ground has puddles all over and with the rain not stopping, looks as if there may be a rain affected game, if not washed out. It may also result in an underprepared wicket ( most likely) and a 3 day result. Ticket sales have not been good so far. Most folks want to attend only IPL games. Even I am thinking of the preposterous option of giving this test match a miss, something I havent done at all before, but I may go because otherwise I would feel guilty :nervous:
:hysterical:
21 years, TWENTY ONE darn years I lived in Chennai... And I hardly saw a cloud in the sky from Feb to September. Leave alone that, I inflicted myself to the torture of playing cricket in 40 degree centrigrade and 85% humidity. How much, how fcking much I prayed for rain and overcast skies those days, only for my pleas to be totally discarded. Now, I move out and it rains in the city EVERY summer. Somebody out there doesnt like me !
If that is the case, I suggest you get your backside immeditely over to Chennai and stay there till the match ends.

MM needs to take a ticket and fly back to Madras to stop the rain. Arent there 4000 ICF members, letz pitch in 50 cents each for his ticketz to fly back immediately :D @Vignesh: washout semantics is that some cricket can happen, but not enough to make it exciting for a result - crucial time will be washed out. basically a few batsmen can score 50 or 100, or few wickets...we'll just be left wondering, if not for the rain!

I am genuinely worried about the preparation of the pitch. With all the rain that has been happening, the curator may not have spent enough time on it, rolling it down or shearing the grass off. We could end up with a grassy, moist pitch that does all sorts of things. Surely, surely, another match cant go down the drain, literally and figuratively speaking, because of rain in Madras. Its very important the first test takes place in its proper form. Madras is a lucky venue for us and especially, for Sachin. With the kind of red-hot form he is in, I was hoping he would make a brilliant start at Madras.

I am genuinely worried about the preparation of the pitch. With all the rain that has been happening, the curator may not have spent enough time on it, rolling it down or shearing the grass off. We could end up with a grassy, moist pitch that does all sorts of things. Surely, surely, another match cant go down the drain, literally and figuratively speaking, because of rain in Madras. Its very important the first test takes place in its proper form. Madras is a lucky venue for us and especially, for Sachin. With the kind of red-hot form he is in, I was hoping he would make a brilliant start at Madras.
was...its only lucky for rain playin' spoilsport now :nervous: Cmon, Rain, Rain, Go Away! or chepauk shud plan in future a Telestra dome
Guest Hiten.
all chennaites should be banned from site for 1 week if any day of the fothcoming chennai test is delayed or abandoned by rain...
Amen to that :two_thumbs_up: Gawd, I hope Chennai 'super kings' are crushed to death in IPL :mad: :mad:
Amen to that :two_thumbs_up: Gawd, I hope Chennai 'super kings' are crushed to death in IPL :mad: :mad:
You know what, I think you have some sort of inferiority complex against Chennai guys.. Thats probably the reason why you hate them so explicitly. :D
You know what' date=' I think you have some sort of inferiority complex against Chennai guys.. Thats probably the reason why you hate them so explicitly. :D[/quote'] Well, the chennai super king (cigarettes) have Matthew Hayden, whereas his team has Bhajji + Sachin. Offcourse he's gonna hate the cigarettes. :D
Well' date=' the chennai super king (cigarettes) have Matthew Hayden, whereas his team has Bhajji + Sachin. Offcourse he's gonna hate the cigarettes. :D[/quote'] Yea whatever.... When the super kings whip the sore a$$es of the boys from Bombay, lets see where all the hatred goes... :D