Futile selfish records

Guest Hiten.
b_b' date=' Your last post has absolutely nothing to do with your, "I don't know how much faster can you score in a test match ?"[/quote']
I've read that Messages were sent to SRT during that 194* to ask him to speed up. But he was still not speeding up.
That particular line of mine was directed towards this post.
About time you redefined the inching towards 200 when someone was scoring about run a ball for his last 50 runs. Very good attempt to divert the attention from someone else's wish to remain the most 200+ scorer for India.
Well...it was declaration situation...scoring singles at 100% strike rate is nothing gr8...4s and 6s are required to flourish the 'finish'...before declaration.
I've read that Messages were sent to SRT during that 194* to ask him to speed up. But he was still not speeding up.
(From memory) The message was sent out to Yuvraj and Tendulkar during the drinks break in the last session. Yuvraj faced the bowling after drinks and was out off the third ball. At this point Dravid declared.
Career strike rates have nothing to do with your statement/question: "Tendulkar reached his 100 in 209 balls. He added another 94 runs in 139 balls. I don't know how much faster can you score in a test match ?" You were referring to that particular innings. I replied in that context.
Umm we won the match and that too without cheating unlike Mr Play at safe's match at Sydney where he didn't declare for the fear of losing and then blind Bucknor + cheater catches won the match for the Kaptan with zero spirit
(From memory) The message was sent out to Yuvraj and Tendulkar during the drinks break in the last session. Yuvraj faced the bowling after drinks and was out off the third ball. At this point Dravid declared.
:hatsoff: Ha Ha Ha Now what do all the dravidists say to this??????????????? This is POST NO 150 Thanks All
You asked for examples of lesser batsmen than Tendulkar scoring at a faster rate than him when the team needed them and I provided a counter example. QED.
I did NOT ask for that at all. In answer to b_b's query re. him/her not knowing how much faster than a 67 s/r could a batsman score in a Test match, my reply was: "Many lesser batsmen (at least on reputation) score much faster than a 67 strike rate (94 from 139 balls) when the team needs it." Whatever a Ponting, Lara, Dravid etc. have done in their careers has nothing to do with the point I made.
Guest Hiten.
I did NOT ask for that at all. In answer to b_b's query re. him/her not knowing how much faster than a 67 s/r could a batsman score in a Test match, my reply was: "Many lesser batsmen (at least on reputation) score much faster than a 67 strike rate (94 from 139 balls) when the team needs it."
That particular line of mine was directed towards this post.
My apologies that I didn't pointed it directly towards Finey's post.

After the Multan Declaration Tendulkar averaged just 15 in the next 10 innings. So the Multan Declaration might have really affected him. Tendulkar scored 194 runs for his country but the captain could not give him time for just 6 runs. Tendulkar had missed double hundrerds so many times before. But when the time came destiny had something else stored for him :sad_smile:. But the master is back now again with fantastic form to every Indian's delight :yay:

After the Multan Declaration Tendulkar averaged just 15 in the next 10 innings. So the Multan Declaration might have really affected him. Tendulkar scored 194 runs for his country but the captain could not give him time for just 6 runs. Tendulkar had missed double hundrerds so many times before. But when the time came destiny had something else stored for him :sad_smile:. But the master is back now again with fantastic form to every Indian's delight :yay:
Yeah, cricinfo had written an article stating how it had become sort of a hit and miss for him at that time. Same with Adam Gilchrist and Brian Lara. It said these guys all had experienced loss of forms but not such an extended one where it had purely become a gamble whether they would play well or not.
Selfish = Tendulkar, he plays for stats and what not.. Real tigers of india r ganguly and dravid-
yeah and the old man still keeps on playing hes blocking the spot of future talent MR Saurav CHaddidas ganguli in the ODIers. damn when will this old man help india win a match instead of going after his personal glory :giggle:
BTW' date=' I don't think Lara's knock was selfish either. It was a dead rubber, dead pitch and WI were no where close to winning the test when stumps were drawn.[/quote']
well thats not the best of excuse to be frank.. it might not be selfish but saying that pitch was flat and game was dead rubber doesn't do justice.. u don't play games to make records.. u play the game to win the match.. at the end of the day, u should have seen the face of ppl in trinidad.. carrying their radio to stadium hearing "thats it, game ends in a draw as both sides shake hands"
I agree with cricketics here. Lara came in at 33/1 and kept on batting till the end of day3. He simply assumed that a result was not possible. But in the remaining days, England lost 15 wickets. There were good chance of winning the match if the intent was right.