• H Gibbs
    • Jaques Kallis
    • Javed Miandad
    • Kevin Pietersen
    • Zaheer Abbas
    • Rahul Dravid
    • Ricky Ponting
    • Some other (state name in your post)

The poll has some really confounding choices - Gibbs, Miandad, Pietersen, Richards, Dravid didn't play much at number 3. In fact, Lara also played at 4-5 for most of his career. It basically comes down to Ponting and Dean Jones and will have to go with Jones for the fact he was so much ahead of his times as an ODI player.

The poll has some really confounding choices - Gibbs, Miandad, Pietersen, Richards, Dravid didn't play much at number 3. In fact, Lara also played at 4-5 for most of his career. It basically comes down to Ponting and Dean Jones and will have to go with Jones for the fact he was so much ahead of his times as an ODI player.
For Richards, and Dravid its quite hard to tell. Dravid though, according to this seems to have batted most of the times at #3. Similar analysis to Viv shows the same as well. KP, I know bats at #4 in Tests and even in ODIs, because Ian Bell bats at #3. Gibbs as far as I can remember is an opening batsman(?). I still hold my vote for Viv. But I guess if we decide that he comes at #4, then Rahul Dravid would be my choice for #3.