No Doordarshan or radio coverage of India-South Africa series

Didnt the Supreme court pass some judgment sometime ago that all cricket matches played by the national team in India is an ' event of national significance' and therefore' date=' private broadcasters cant claim rights of exclusive telecast and must share their feeds with the state broadcaster ?[/quote'] But the supreme court doesn't run the government. It is still run by corrupt people.
:(( Even supreme court doesn't care about test cricket.Apparently test matches are not of national significance. Kal ja kar cable walle se phir :viking:
Oh, so only ODIs are 'events of national importance' ? :haha:
But the supreme court doesn't run the government. It is still run by corrupt people.
Its an order which was already passed a few of years ago. I remember that the semi-finals and the finals of the WC '03 was telecast in DD, even though they didnt have rights to broadcast the tournament.
:(( Even supreme court doesn't care about test cricket.Apparently test matches are not of national significance. Kal ja kar cable walle se phir :viking:
why dont u get a dth connection no jhanjhat u have to pay more but hey what the heck u don thave to deal with those cablewaalahs

The irony is clear, why doesn't DD have the rights? Because? - according to the clause 2 (I)(S) of the Act, "sporting events of national importance means such national or international sporting events, held in India or abroad, as may be notified by the Central Government in the Official Gazette to be of national importance." So, DD doesn't telecast not because it can't by law, but rather because government doesn't want to!! Its so funny that the ministry gives this as a reason. In simple terms we can telecast it if we define the match is of national importance, but we can't telecast it now, since we didn't do so? Now, why is the question? Anyways, thanks to TATA SKY! :D

Oh, so only ODIs are 'events of national importance' ? :haha: Its an order which was already passed a few of years ago. I remember that the semi-finals and the finals of the WC '03 was telecast in DD, even though they didnt have rights to broadcast the tournament.
I don't want to ignite any regional debates, I am just pointing this out to state how helpless the supreme court is on certain issues. Do you know what the supreme court has said to the Karnataka government on the kauvery issue? It said to abide by the tribunal's decision. Karnataka simply refused to so... what has the court done?
I don't want to ignite any regional debates' date=' I am just pointing this out to state how helpless the supreme court is on certain issues. Do you know what the supreme court has said to the Karnataka government on the kauvery issue? It said to abide by the tribunal's decision. Karnataka simply refused to so... what has the court done?[/quote'] Eh ? I dont understand why you are even bringing up the Caurvery issue here. And btw, the supreme court has only given a directive that the Karnataka govt. must abide by the Tribunal's decision, its not an order. State govts HAVE to abide by orders, but they are not legally bound to follow directives.
Many people including my husband think that test matches are a "waste of time " and national loss because of the time people spend on it?:((
Cricket is a muti-billion dollar industry by itself, generating employment and significant revenues. I could write pages and pages of info on how cricket contributes in a positive manner to our economy.
Eh ? I dont understand why you are even bringing up the Caurvery issue here. And btw, the supreme court has only given a directive that the Karnataka govt. must abide by the Tribunal's decision, its not an order. State govts HAVE to abide by orders, but they are not legally bound to follow directives.
I just said it was a example... okay, you want to talk about orders. The Supreme Court of India on April 3, 2006 passed the judgment and allowed the water level of the Mullai-Periyar Dam to be raised from the present 136 feet to 142 feet. What the kerala govt did was enact a law to prevent the judgment from being implemented, what did the Supreme court do?
Many people including my husband think that test matches are a "waste of time " and national loss because of the time people spend on it.:((
Do something to get your hubby interested in Test cricket :) Does he watch odis or only instant-gratification-2020?
But BCCI is spoiling it with such flat pitches.
Wait, wait....this pitch is Indian special. We are getting used to Aussie pitches where there is action up front. This one is like curry that is too hot...very hot and sweaty up front...lots of action will come from behind instead.
then what about when Kabaddi , kho Kho , Badminton , Hockey , Shooting , Chess etc are played Yaar its business ... and anyway some MPs must have been paid good money to get this done
No one is saying it is not business, of course it is. I never claimed Kabaddi , kho Kho , Badminton , Hockey , Shooting , Chess etc. shouldn't be shown... it is just that I care more about cricket and cricket is the most followed sport in India.
No one is saying it is not business' date=' of course it is. I never claimed Kabaddi , kho Kho , Badminton , Hockey , Shooting , Chess etc. shouldn't be shown... it is just that I care more about cricket and cricket is the most followed sport in India.[/quote'] I know but yaaar 1 DD channel cant show a test match for 5 days ... but I understand that ppl who cant afford should be able to watch it as well ...