One has to give it to the chinese

sarcastic

7 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

Or...you could be a little more critical of your country's lack of preparedness,

Is this not criticism - 

3 hours ago, sandeep said:

NY Governor is projecting a need for 30,000 ventilators, and he only has 10 or 11,000.  That means 20,000 people would die due to equipment unavailability.  In America.  Although, a big chunk of those maybe would die even if they had a ventilator, this is a spectacular disaster that was avoidable if we had a half-decent President in charge.  

Trump's team was given a manual on what steps to take in a pandemic, with a Whitehouse agency set up to co-ordinate the response.  Trump's minions threw the manual onto a shelf, and fired the pandemic team.  If the US government had ordered the ventilators 4 weeks ago, they would have had 30,000 new ventilators by now, and possibly no shortage.  Not to mention, they could have done other things to provide for increased testing, ensuring PPE etc.  But instead Trump said he doesn't want to take steps because he doesn't want to make the stock market nervous.  Asshole. 

9 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

like most "native-born" americans are.

Nativeborn or not - you do seem to typify that Delhi-asshole personality type -the one that classifies people based on random things and looks down on honest hardworking people like delivery workers etc.  And thinks that he can get away with anything with a few rupees of bribe money and mommy-daddy's special access. 

I get that you don't like anybody saying anything that disrupts your fantasy of "everything's fine, I'm on vacation".  You are in densely populated city, with millions of people, with a healthcare system that's perpetually underfunded and under-equipped.  I can understand that any mentions of risk or reality can be upsetting, scary, difficult to handle.  If you think that by petty attacks on a forum on others helps you through it, go for it.  But do take other steps to improve your mental health.  Its important.:p:

14 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Is this not criticism - 

Nativeborn or not - you do seem to typify that Delhi-asshole personality type -the one that classifies people based on random things and looks down on honest hardworking people like delivery workers etc.  And thinks that he can get away with anything with a few rupees of bribe money and mommy-daddy's special access. 

I get that you don't like anybody saying anything that disrupts your fantasy of "everything's fine, I'm on vacation".  You are in densely populated city, with millions of people, with a healthcare system that's perpetually underfunded and under-equipped.  I can understand that any mentions of risk or reality can be upsetting, scary, difficult to handle.  If you think that by petty attacks on a forum on others helps you through it, go for it.  But do take other steps to improve your mental health.  Its important.:p:

Not really, that's more like buck-passing. America is not about big government "looking after" people. You're overlooking the actual habits of americans themselves. This country is about personal responsibility and freedom to fail. Which is why my first post on this thread started with focusing on the conditions of americans themselves, rather than the government.

I don't understand why you're talking about the reality of a city that you don't even live in.