Poor migrant laborers walking home all over India need to be helped

sandeep

5 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Thats why i have stopped paying TV license from my end.. i dont watch live tv anyway but  I will not fund an organisation with an extreme left wing propaganda ( funded by the EU) and a clear anti India/Pro Pak agenda.

I hvae yet to hear ONE positive news about India since 2014 from the BBC.

Long back, I didnt agree whole heartedly to Rupert Mudrochs view about BBC,but now I just hope that tv licensing fee gets scrapped by BoJo.

And yes, i think , since 2014, bbc reporting about India has been so biased that even the hits they are getting on that section of url, is more by people like you and me. 

To me , their credibility is so bad, that I have stopped relying on BBC any International news or am suspicious to amything they report in International section.

In modern world, most nris and Indians do not need bbc to tell, how is India. But Bbc can’t understand that in day and age of SM, life of fale news is very small.

Edited by mishra

14 minutes ago, mishra said:

Long back, I didnt agree whole heartedly to Rupert Mudrochs view about BBC,but now I just hope that tv licensing fee gets scrapped by BoJo.

And yes, i think , since 2014, bbc reporting about India has been so biased that even the hits they are getting on that section of url, is more by people like you and me. 

To me , their credibility is so bad, that I have stopped relying on BBC any International news or am suspicious to amything they report in International section.

In modern world, most nris and Indians do not need bbc to tell, how is India. But Bbc can’t understand that in day and age of SM, life of fale news is very small.

Well they have to give some output to justify their paymasters ( Soros and ISI) no matter how biased and idiotic it is.

13 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Thats why i have stopped paying TV license from my end.. i dont watch live tv anyway but  I will not fund an organisation with an extreme left wing propaganda ( funded by the EU) and a clear anti India/Pro Pak agenda.

I hvae yet to hear ONE positive news about India since 2014 from the BBC.

42 minutes ago, mishra said:

I think BBC should stop reporting abount India. Even that report about India developing its own test kit which is 3 times faster and 3 times cheaper than cheapest import had full of negative India. 

Chloroquinn is first line of defense against Corona. Anyone born in Malaria infected parts can guess why it has got the properties. But BBC won’t give credit to Indian docs for that

Indian rich and poor, Admin and peasants, all have come together in this time of crisis. While in UK, Rich are still trying to make money while backbone of NHS( indians origin Brits) are still being told that save lives without PPE.

serious question: Why do you guys care so much about the western media?

Western media targets western audiences. their primary function is to defend the strategic interests of western governments and corporations, while making a case for strengthening western institutions (such as democracy). to this end, they oppose strong, majoritarian governments in non-western countries.

if you want an indian view, go watch Doordarshan or some indian news channel with access to indian governments and corporations.

india making cheap test kits within its own borders is bad news for western medical device manufacturers. the BBC, like most western media, is unquestionably pro free-trade, so a development like this is fair game for criticism. as is anything else that is 'made in india'.

how else are westerners supposed to be aware of potential business opportunities in india?

4 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

serious question: Why do you guys care so much about the western media?

oh i dont know... because we live here?

I guess its good to know what impression is being given of India to the western population so its easier and counter with the correct facts. It's our moral responsibility.

7 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

I guess its good to know what impression is being given of India to the western population so its easier and counter with the correct facts. It's our moral responsibility.

Question. If I just watches non BBC, no ITV, no Channel4  and no Channel 5, but watches other channels which could be live, BT Sports, or Sky TV  on say some app like Now TV ( Imean live channels but on app) , do I need to pay for tv licence. I dont watch bbc, itv 4 or 5,  but I cant live without watching other channels live

Just now, mishra said:

Question. If I just watches non BBC, no ITV, no Channel4  and no Channel 5, but watches other channels which could be live, BT Sports, or Sky TV  on say some app like Now TV ( Imean live channels but on app) , do I need to pay for tv licence. I dont watch bbc, itv 4 or 5,  but I cant live without watching other channels live

Anything which is live on TV ( Terrestrial TV, Freeview or BBC Iplayer and all other catchup websites for ITV, 4, 5 and even Sky as it has channels on Freeview) means you have to pay the license.

If you only stream shows on Netflix, Prime etc then no need to pay

4 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Oh really?

how do you counter the opinion that "india is a shithole and america is better", when the person on the other side of the fence could easily say, "if you think india is a decent country, why are you living here and not there?"

I think you're wasting your time. Personally, i would cut western media some slack. Its their job to criticize western countries and identify business opportunities. Showing the positive side of India is NOT their job, that is the Indian media and the indian governments job.

36 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

Oh really?

how do you counter the opinion that "india is a shithole and america is better", when the person on the other side of the fence could easily say, "if you think india is a decent country, why are you living here and not there?"

I think you're wasting your time. Personally, i would cut western media some slack. Its their job to criticize western countries and identify business opportunities. Showing the positive side of India is NOT their job, that is the Indian media and the indian governments job.

It was not said to the many many lower skilled people from Easter Europe who flooded the UK to get a better life due to the freedom of movement rules. Yeah they might have moved here but dont expect them to not react to any criticism of their country. So why are Indians asked to leave? They contribute a lot more than a lot of migrant groups in western countries.. doesnt mean they automatically lose the right to stand up for their home country as a result of unwarranted criticism?

19 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

They contribute a lot more than a lot of migrant groups in western countries.. doesnt mean they automatically lose the right to stand up for their home country as a result of unwarranted criticism?

You are assuming the other side wants a debate. they don't.

they believe they are superior, and your presence in their country (and their avoidance of yours) proves their point.

5 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

You are assuming the other side wants a debate. they don't.

they believe they are superior, and your presence in their country (and their avoidance of yours) proves their point.

well so is the presence of Mexicans and latinos in the US... their presence is questioned however they are a big enough and influential bloc for both the main parties to fight for their support even though India is a bigger economy than Mexico. Latinos has been historically a bloc that votes for the Democrats more..why? Due to the anti Mexico rhetoric by Trump and the Republicans. Labour felt the shockwaves when a lot if traditional British Indians that voted for them, abandoned them in the last general election due the anti India stance/anti hindu stance they were spouting.

You are underestimating the clout that ethnic minorities have in the western political sphere... some use their clout better than others i guess.

6 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

well so is the presence of Mexicans and latinos in the US... their presence is questioned however they are a big enough and influential bloc for both the main parties to fight for their support even though India is a bigger economy than Mexico. Latinos has been historically a bloc that votes for the Democrats more..why? Due to the anti Mexico rhetoric by Trump and the Republicans. Labour felt the shockwaves when a lot if traditional British Indians that voted for them, abandoned them in the last general election due the anti India stance/anti hindu stance they were spouting.

You are underestimating the clout that ethnic minorities have in the western political sphere... some use their clout better than others i guess.

You are a minority, and you can't influence the country's foreign policy. only one minority actually influences foreign policy...the jews. and they aren't treated as a distinct ethnic group.